Dinner Help



I have to admit that I am not the best mom at letting my kids help in the kitchen during dinner time. Other times it's really easy for me to let them help and play but at dinner time, I get in this zone of getting everything done and it's hard to step back and take the time to let them make dinner with me, even though poor Lexi asks almost every time.

Well I decided it's one of the things I need to change. Even though Lexi is only 5, I figured if she wants to help, I need to stop and let her help, even if it takes like 1 hour longer to make dinner lol. 

So tonight we made Pork Katsu together. A family favorite. And she did all but one of the pork chops all by herself. I showed her how to do one and then she did the rest. 
I was proud of her and I was proud of me too haha 

And here is a video of her cracking the first egg. She is pretty proud of herself too.

Comments

Popular Posts