Girl in Glasses
Since about Christmas time, we started to realize more and more that Lexi's left eye would sometimes drift towards her nose, making it somewhat cross eyed. It was very subtle and no one else could even notice it. But Jimmy and I could and we decided that she probably needed to see an eye doctor.
I had a couple friends that took their kids to this one office in Phoenix and raved about it so I called, made an appointment, and that was that.
Well, we missed the first appointment because of the baby and we thought we wouldn't be able to see the doctor until April but they called the end of February and told us that there had been a cancellation and that we could take that spot if we wanted.
It was actually perfect because we were already in Phoenix! But oh man, it did not go good. I really really did not like the doctor. Lexi didn't either.
She was very rushed, loud, and eccentric. And unfortunately she told us that Lexi had both Anisometropia and Amblyopia. (After they had dilated and tested Lexi's eyes... which let's just say, did not go smooth... at all)
Anyways, the Anisometropia means that Lexi's eyes have two different refractive powers. This basically means that the one eye is not seeing things as well and is causing Lexi's left eye to give up. Because the right eye is much better, her left eye stops trying and starts to drift off or become lazy which is called Amlyopia.
The doctor told us she definitely needed glasses but at this point it might not correct the damage.
This was a bit confusing to me and to my disliking, even though I had lots of questions, we were kind of rushed out.
Ughh, it was frustrating. I didn't like the doctor, I didn't want Lexi to wear glasses, and I didn't even really understand what the problem was.
So tears were shed that day. I once again felt like as a mother, I didn't know how to help my child.
To make a long story short, Jimmy and I decided it would be best to see a different doctor.
So during Lexi's Spring break, we did. And this time Jimmy got to come with me which made things SO much better.
And this time, was very very different. We actually fell in love with this doctor! Her name is Dr. Lasee and she is fantastic! I am so so so glad that we tried someone else out. Because even though, Lexi was given the same exact diagnosis, we were treated so differently. We got to ask lots of questions and although Lexi still did not really speak lol, you could tell she felt a lot more relaxed.
Plus we were able to pick out some glasses right then and there.
It was hard at first for Lexi to pick some. She did not want glasses. At all.
But after some time she picked out these bright blue ones that were called "cupcake".
After she chose them, I immediately regretted letting her pick them out haha.
But it is what it is. And they are actually pretty cute.
We picked them up today and you can tell that Lexi already likes them.
I think she loves having something that is really truly just hers.
After we got them we went over to Apple bees for lunch.
You're a cutie Lex!

She looks so adorable!
ReplyDelete