Not a Coincidence

So two weeks ago I was released from being the first counselor in Young Womens. It was a Wednesday night and it kind of came as a shock, especially because the President wasn't being released. This made me think that I must have not been doing a very good job. It was a hard feeling. 
At the same time I was also so so so devastated that I wouldn't be with the girls anymore. I have really grown to love them and I had gotten so close to quite a few of them. This was a hard feeling too. 

I came home that night and I was pretty bummed. 

Turns out that exactly one week later, we found out that our baby boy had something going on with his brain. 

I do not think this is coincidence. It can't be. I truly believe that God knew that it would be way too hard for me to do that calling and go through everything going on with our son. 

So I thought that I would share because I still just think that is pretty neat.

Also, the next day after getting the news, I woke up the next morning to seeing all of these wonderful notes on hearts on our garage door from the Young Women. There was a beautiful card and chocolates too. I don't really think that was coincidence either. I think it was a tender mercy from God helping to let me know that I was loved. 

I am grateful for this Gospel and for the opportunity it gives me to see the light in things. And I am grateful for my time with the Young Women for the last two years. I will definitely miss being in there. 


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your sweet experience - Heavenly Father is so aware of each of us. His love for you is so obvious, Kathy. Those YW are so blessed to know you! And so am I.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts