Change
Jimmy and I were pretty certain that Cottonwood was not our final destination. Neither of us felt great about staying there for the long haul.
Now don't get me wrong. Cottonwood, surprisingly swept me off my feet. It wasn't long before I fell deeply in love with it's charm, it's beauty, and it's amazing, talented, fun, and strong community of people. People who I will call my good friends for the rest of time.
But despite how wonderful it is and how much we came to love it, we still just did not feel like it was home for forever.
And because of this, I kind of became a bit antsy this year, to rip the band aid off and move to wherever our, "more so of a destination" was.
I started to not really understand the point of staying somewhere that we knew we were eventually leaving.
Why not just leave now?
Jimmy was much more hesitant. He felt like we should stay another year or so before making that big of a change.
But then we started to find ourselves in Phoenix, I swear, every single week. Between family things, doctor things for Zavier, and just random city things, like zoo trips and such, we constantly were making the drive down to the valley.
And we realized that because of Zavier's condition, we were never going to escape it either, especially because as he gets older, they told us that he would need more and more doctors. Physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, a pediatric develop-mentalist, a neurologist... you name it.
And let's face it. Little old Cottonwood just doesn't have these types of specialists.
So every month I feel like the topic of moving became more and more serious.
And then it got real.
Really fast lol.
Jimmy randomly got an email from his sergeant asking that if anyone was considering transferring to another area, to speak up now, before the new troopers graduated in the Fall.
This way, the troopers who have put in more time, had a preference on where to go first.
Well, Jimmy and I talked and prayed about it and it was pretty dang obvious that this was our window. It felt extremely right.
And so here we are, on the brink of a huge change.
We met with our realtor for the first time today.
Jimmy already has a squad that he is transferring to.
Central Phoenix (lucky me)
And we are thinking that we want to end up in Surprise!
Surprise! =)
Comments
Post a Comment