Double Contracts

So you know how I said getting the house ready to sell was no joke?
Well, keeping it ready to sell is no joke either.

Keeping the house perfect while having a husband gone all the time, two kids and a baby is not the easiest task, especially for a perfectionist. 

It's funny. Honestly, as soon as we got that sign up, I really thought the house was going to sell in a mere couple of days. Stupid and naive, I know, but still I really did think that!

So as the days and showings kept adding up, it got to be hard, tedious, and discouraging. I was also taking it somewhat personal. I mean, I love our house! Why doesn't anyone want to live there!?

But seriously. JUST when I finally started to come to terms with the fact that it might take longer than I expected...

My phone rang. 

And we had gotten an offer on the house!!!

It was awesome timing too because Jimmy was actually home! And within the hour, our realtor was at our house and we were signing papers.

But that's not all! 

Earlier this week, we had looked at houses with our other realtor down in Surprise and found one that we both absolutely loved.

And even though we knew it was kind of a long shot... a huge one lol, we put an offer down on it that same night.

Well, the next day,  we got the call of our lives because by some crazy miracle, they had accepted our offer as is!!
Over $15,000 lower than what the asking price was!

For a little bit I actually couldn't stop crying. 
We were getting our dream house. We were going to be able to close on the same day as our house in Cottonwood. We were moving closer to family. And best of all, we weren't going to have to live apart for very long. (Jimmy starts work in Phoenix on the 24th this month)

I mean it was just such a dream come true!

It was the best thing in the world to run out to Jimmy's cop car as soon as he got home to tell him the news!
I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.

Now... time to pack.

Here is a picture of our soon to be new home!




Comments

Popular Posts