7 Months and Changing!


Light Zavier, you are 7 months old!!

It's so hard too believe too. Not because you don't play the part well but because I still just feel like time is flying faster than ever.
I am hating how I feel like your baby time is shorter some how. I mean I know that it's realistically not... but this time around, it really feels like time is going faster than usual.

Zavy boy, you are still the cutest thing on the planet. No one can get enough of your scrumptious rolls, your little noises and sounds, and your contagious smile. It's all just too cute to handle.

Besides being adorable as usual though, this month I feel, has been your biggest changing month yet. For lots of reasons.

First, you have two teeth! Those two bottom teeth of yours popped through about a week before Halloween. I know I already posted about it, but it was the first time in your whole life that you were actually legitimately cranky. And amazingly but not really surprising, you were back to normal as soon as they popped through.

It's been funny to watch you try to use them too. You kind of do this chomping thing with them that is so funny. And you also try to kind of suck on them too. It's the cutest.

And because of your new little pearly whites, we started giving you some snacks. Like, little crunchies, yogurt melts, and those little puff things. For about two weeks you couldn't get the little puffs or melts in your mouth the matter how hard you tried, but just in this last week, you are getting them in there! It's so fun for me to sit and watch you try. And when you get one in, we both look at each other with the biggest smiles and celebrate. It's the best.

I am actually scared to leave you with anything by yourself though. You have had a couple episodes of minor choking, which they say is super common with Dandy Walker. So we always make sure someone is around when you are eating.

You are also crawling for real! Just in this last week you have started to really pick it up and we almost never see you on your belly when you are moving anymore. You've gotten pretty quick too. My favorite part is that as soon as I come into a room you immediately smile and laugh and come up to greet my feet. =)

You are also starting to slowly attempt to pull your body up a little bit on things. Nothing terribly tall, like the couch or anything but if someone is sitting with their legs out, you will pull your way on top of them. You also like to reach up to the bottom stair or grab on to the kitchen chairs. And then if we stand you up by the couch or your one little toy, you can stand by yourself for a good couple of minutes.

The one thing that you aren't doing yet though is sitting up. And unfortunately, you're not all that close still either. We sit you up and you just topple right on over. Or you fight it and fling your body back lol. But we aren't very concerned at this point. Though I do think we will bring it up at your next doctor appointment.

Oh! And another thing that has changed this month, ever since we have moved actually, has been your sleeping habits. You have started to wake up some nights. You'll go down between 7-8 but then like 5 nights out of the week, you'll wake up around 1. It's weird too because sometimes you don't even want a bottle. I go to give you one and you don't even want it. Just a quick little hug and you are fine to go back to sleep.  And you literally fall asleep in like seconds afterwards lol. I'm not sure how long this will last but honestly I don't mind at all.

And last, (my personal favorite) is that you have started making sounds! Like...

drum roll please.....

The ma sound!


Oh my goodness, it's the most amazing thing ever.

We love you more with every second Zavier Daniel Cox!

Happy 7 months!



Comments

Popular Posts