Empanadas Are Here to Stay!


10 years.
It has been over 10 years that Jimmy and I have continued looking for these Goya discos, to make empanadas with. But the matter where we were... Hawaii, Glendale, Cottonwood... we were never by a store that carried them.

We finally decided that for whatever reason, they were only in New York.

I still remember the first time I had my first empanada in New York. Cristina was making them by the dozen and they were so good, I really felt like it didn't matter how many she made, there would never be enough lol

It was a dish that Jimmy's family had been making for generations. And when I of course, asked if Cristina could show me how to make them... the first thing she showed me was the package of the goya discos! She also said and I quote, "You have to use the Goya Discos!" 

So for 10 years we have never been able to make them because we could never find them! And I was always too scared to make the empanada dough myself...

WELL, that changed this week as our favorite Amanda of all time, found them for us! She tracked them down at a Walmart over in Avondale. 

Seriously.... a life changing discovery lol
Let's just say I don't think our freezer will be ever be out of these from now on.

Needless to say, we have made quite the number of empanadas already =)
AND the kids LOVE them too.


Even Zave enjoyed them =)


Yay for empanadas!





Comments

Popular Posts