Cave Springs 2018

On the last day of school, we literally picked Lexi up from school and then headed out for Sedona right then. And for the record, we totally gave Lexi the option of just ditching today. BUT she didn't want to miss the last day fun.

I'm glad that she is really enjoying school so much that she thinks of it as "fun". It makes me happy to know that she likes it so much.

Anyways, after we picked up our new second grader (say what?!?!) we were on our way to do some camping. Bret and Tevia's family invited us to go with them and I'm so glad they did!

We really had such an amazing time. Our kids definitely love camping and it were up to them we would have stayed for a week... okay, maybe even indefinitely.

That first night we just explored the campsite a bit, ate snacks, went in the creek, and talked by the lantern (unfortunately campfires weren't permitted).

And then we called it a night. And oh my gosh. It was COLD. Way colder than I think anyone thought it would be. Luckily, the kids all slept through the night. Woo woot! As for me, it was kind of hard to. But honestly when we camp, it's always hard for me to sleep on the first night.

I was really proud of Zave. He did so good. And he woke up in such a good mood despite how cold it was! I have to say, the early morning is always the hardest when it's cold. Harder than the night I think. Because you have to get up and pee and make bottles and stuff even though you are FREEZING!

But we survived lol. And it didn't take too long to warm up.
 Thank goodness!

By about 9 in the morning the kids were done with their jackets.

That day we played, walked down to the bigger creek that you could actually swim in, had lunch, explored, and basically just hung out. Zavier on the other hand, slept A LOT. He slept so much I actually started to get worried. And then sure enough, late in the afternoon he started to throw up.

So we decided to throw in the towel and not make him sleep in the cold again if he was sick. Lexi and Izaac were MAD. I felt bad for them. But we got pizza on the way home and then after we put Zavier to bed we all went swimming. It was fun and the kids completely forgot that they should have been camping!

I am so grateful for all the moments we had and the memories we were able to make!

















































And then here are the pics I snapped with my phone!









Comments

Popular Posts