Memorial Day 2018


This is our second year going to the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona on Memorial Day. And it was just as inspiring and touching as last year.

This time as we drove in, there were people handing out roses to be put on the graves. So after we got out, the kids were able to find a grave and place a rose on it. I think Lexi particularly liked this.

I thought it was so sweet watching her place one on a grave that she had chosen. 

We didn't take too long as it was very hot but before we left we knelt down together and prayed. We prayed for the military and their families serving now. We prayed for the military and their families who have served in the past. And we thanked our Heavenly Father especially, for the men and women that have died for our beautiful and free country. 

I hope that the kids will remember this. Perhaps they are still too young. 
I know I will remember though. 

It was a very special morning. I am so grateful to live in America and for the people willing and brave enough to stand for it. 

Happy Memorial Day!










The best shot I got of the three of them together. 
One day they'll all look at me right?! 


Comments

Popular Posts