WALKING!!!!!!!!!!



A little more than a year ago today, my doctor looked me straight in the eyes and told me that my son would probably never walk. I was 31 weeks pregnant with Zavier at the time.

Her voice did not quiver or have any doubt. It was very sure and straight forward.


And I literally ached for my child. It physically hurt me for a long while to know that Zavier wouldn't be able to walk or run or jump. It was devastating to not picture him climbing trees or riding a bike or jumping into couch cushions.

But slowly I came to peace with it.

With God's help, I started to better understand our true purpose here on earth. I began to realize that even something as monumental as walking, it still wasn't necessary for happiness or love or growth.

I had to reset what was important and what mattered.
And it was okay. 

I knew that Zavier would be okay. Walking or not.

Well, our little Zavier is now in fact walking. And I feel like God just keeps teaching me lesson after lesson. This time: miracles can happen.

I don't know how Zavier's doing it. 

But he is!
HE IS WALKING!

And I can honestly say that I cherish every single step that he takes. 
It still makes me tear up almost every time I see him walk right now.

And even though we went through all that heart ache, confusion, and terrible haunting anticipation for him to fail. I wouldn't change it. Because it has changed me inside and out.

And I am forever grateful for this new raw, deep understanding of our blessings here on earth. Of the power or miracles. And of a clear idea of our purpose. 

It is so beautiful to watch our sweet son walk. 

I love his story and I am so excited for his journey to continue. 
I just know he is going to do amazing things. 

Comments

Popular Posts