6 Years & the Cultural Celebration!
Man, did we get lucky for this once in a lifetime opportunity!
A couple nights before November 15th (our anniversary) the Bishop asked us if we would like tickets to go to the Cultural Celebration put on by the youth of the new Phoenix Temple and we were SO excited.
It was so awesome. I can't think of a better way to celebrate our anniversary than the way we were able to. It was such an amazing night, for so many reasons.
The first, is that the prophet was there. And can I just say, that we were SUPER close to him!
Let's back track.... so we rode to the stadium with Bret and Enok, ended up parking right behind the actual stadium (not where other people were going), walked right onto the track and up into the bleachers, found our good friend Dawn, who had saved us seats (right in front!) and we were able to squeeze all four of us in there. Seriously, it was just like clock work. So fast and easy.
Anyways, because of that, again, we are SO close to the prophet! It was such a cool experience. His spirit is just so strong and it just radiates off of him.
I mean, I took this picture of the Prophet of the Church!
-I just think that is so cool!
Here is President Uchdorf
Also, it was amazing because we have gotten to become so close to so many of the youth in our ward and it was so touching to see them and know that they were apart of this incredible activity. (Our nephews too)
There was this big crowd that would keep waving in the beginning and I thought, hmm maybe it's to me but I wouldn't wave back just in case, and found out it was all of our youth. They said I was like a celebrity. It was just so wonderful to hear. I really do love them and am so proud of who they are.
I just can't say enough how blessed I felt to be there. The dancing was great, the unity was just phenomenal, and I was just overwhelmed so many times. It made me think of the armies of Helaman and I am so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful people.
Check out that Marine!
They had all the people from each different service stand up and it was so awesome watching Jimmy stand as they played the Marine's song.
I could go on and on but I will stop here. After the celebration, we got our anniversary dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which was just the cherry on the cake. Such an unforgettable night!
6 years and counting and I gotta say, Jimmy is still the best thing in my life =)









How amazing!
ReplyDelete