St. Patrick's Day


We've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day before and I decided that I wanted to start. I'm not sure why we haven't in the past. Just because we are not Irish (I think we actually might be a little bit) doesn't mean we can't make it a fun special day!

The kids were both home that day, since Lexi was on Spring break and so we had fun all day long.

They first woke up to a little something from a "leprechaun". It was kind of a last minute idea to do the night before, so it was kind of lame haha but oh well. I'm excited to do something a little bit more exciting next year!


And then after I woke up, we made rainbow waffles. I had seen the idea a long time ago and I thought today was probably the perfect occasion!

I thought they turned out pretty cute too! It took a little bit of time, dying all the colors, but the kids loved it.

After they were done, we topped the ends with whipped cream, to make "rainbows".








Then a bit later, we put on some green clothes, took some pictures, had a dance party, and then made some delicious green milk shakes (green dyed vanilla ice cream). The kids thought they were the coolest. Especially because I let them put sprinkles and whipped cream on top. 

Oh! And we played hide the coins. I didn't have chocolate ones so we used real ones instead. Pretty sure there are still some hidden coins left behind too. Kind of ironic if you think of someone coming to visit our house might just get "lucky" hehe =)







 And for dinner we had zucchini soup, to go along with the green theme. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Comments

  1. I love your rainbow waffles! I just might have to borrow that idea for our family reunion – thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts