8 Big Ones
Zavier Daniel Cox you are now 8 months old!
I'm not sure what it is about that number either but it just sounds so much older than 7. I can't believe that there is only a few more short months until you are going to turn 1! (No I'm not already planning your birthday party... ok maybe I am)
Zavier you are doing incredible.
First of all, you almost have sitting up -down. You can actually stay up for more than a second or two now and once in a while it's even more than like 10. So it's been super fun to see you get a little bit better every day. I'm almost certain by next month, you'll be a pro!
Second of all, you are pulling your self up on to everything! Maybe I should have started with this one.... because it's so amazing!
Just in church last Sunday, you had pulled yourself up onto a chair in Relief Society and a woman was so impressed that you could already do that. And she had no idea about your condition either! Throw that tidbit of information into the mix and you are basically a super hero!
Actually you have been a super hero since well, forever.
You are so fun Zave Zave.
A little bit more high maintenance lately too lol
Everyday I feel like we have to be even more careful about you. You are getting stuck in lots of places, crawling anywhere and everywhere, and every once in a while you attempt the stairs. I'm thinking I'm gonna ask Santa for a gate this year hehe.
The most dangerous thing though is that you put EVERYthing into your mouth. So anything left out on the table, couch, floor... ends up in your hands and then of course, in your mouth. So we have to watch you really closely.
One thing that I definitely have to say about you right now is that you LOVE music. And I mean LOVE. Mostly Coldplay.
Zavier I don't know what it is about them but you hear them and you instantly become calm and instantly just want to sit or lay and listen to them. It's actually kind of miraculous. So besides Christmas music, we play ALOT of ColdPlay, which non of us mind. They have become the family favorite.
You are still waking up every now and then in the middle of the night. Not every night though. And I have to say, it's tough making you stay in your crib. More often than not I let you just come in our bed for 20 minutes or so. By then you fall asleep and then we put you back. With you it's different in knowing that you are probably our last. So honestly late night time snuggles are something that I treasure.
You have a couple more teeth already! It's crazy how much faster you have gotten teeth compared to Lexi and Izaac. And I think you get better at eating every single day. Your favorite thing to eat right now are the yogurt melts.
We met with your neurosurgeon last month and she thinks you are doing great. You are done with ultrasounds now that your fontanel has closed. And so you will get an MRI when you turn one.
Let's see some other things:
You weigh about 17 pounds still.
You poop like 3-4 times a day.
You absolutely love when people get on the floor with you. And the higher Daddy throws you the better. You definitely are a thrill seeker already.
It's possible you prefer Daddy over me
You do so good in the car and in the stroller!
You still can't do a pincer grasp yet but you are getting there.
You still never cry in the morning. You always just patiently wait until someone comes and gets you.
When you babble every one in the room melts to the floor
When I hold you, a lot of the time you grab onto my shirt so tightly. It's one of my favorite things about you.
You love to be outside.
And you love to play on the bed with mommy and daddy. And we love it too!
Happy 8 months baby boy!




Comments
Post a Comment