Combating Math
Since moving to Surprise, we came to discover something...
Lexi was extremely behind in math.
And I mean, behind, behind!
I sat down to do her homework with her one of those first weeks and she wasn't even sure what subtraction or addition actually was! Let alone able to tackle the problems.
Oh boy.
So we got cracking.
And for the whole month of November we did extra math work almost every single day.
I tried to make it as fun as possible. We used everything. Marshmallows, cheerios, candies... to help Lexi better understand the concepts.
And then EVERY SINGLE DAY we made a new number line to help her solve the subtraction and addition problems.
Some days were better than others.
A lot of times it was frustrating for both of us lol
BUT we did it!
And I have to say as both a mom and someone who loves teaching children, this has been one of the most rewarding experiences ever!
Lexi honestly is like a math wiz now! She understands the concepts fully and she can even do most of the problems in her head now. A simple math sheet takes her a couple minutes as opposed to 30.
It really is amazing what a little practice can do.
I am so proud of Lexi for all of her hard work!

Comments
Post a Comment