The Piano and the Cats



Today piano started for Lexi.

And today piano ended for Lexi.


________________________________________________________________

Well, at least lessons with this teacher ended lol

Talk about your circus show today.

Lexi has been excited to start piano for a couple of months now and so since it's summer and we have some extra free time I thought it was a good time to start. And it wasn't too long before we got a couple recommendations in the ward to try this lady, Mary Lou.

Well with it being a new setting, thing, and person, Lexi was excited but of course super nervous. In fact before we even got out of the  car, she looked at me and was like maybe I don't want to do this after all. 

But I told her she should at least give it a try... a couple times...

Eventually, we all got out. 
(Jimmy was working so I also had the boys with me)

We snapped a cute picture of her outside and then we started walking towards the door.... 
and we were instantly greeted by multiple cats. 

K, so ALL THREE of my children are terrified of cats. I don't know how or why but it's ALL of them. And it's not like a "I don't like you" relationship with them but more of a "this thing can kill me" relationship.  And so before we even get to the door, all three kids are freaking out. 

Get to the door and immediately knock because I'm like, "Yo let us in my kids are freaking out because of these cats!" But no one comes to  the door...

Well we were like 5 minutes early and I did hear someone playing the piano so I was torn between what to do. 
Do I just go in? Do I stay here in the heat with the crying kids and cats (who are now by the way trying to get us to pet them). Zavier at this point is clinging on to me for dear life and Izaac is literally yelping. Yelping is the only word that I think really describes the noises he was making.
Or should I just leave now?

Well before I could leave, which honestly was what I was leaning towards the most, a little girl came and finally answered the door. She let us in but then didn't say anything. She just closed the door and walked away lol. But we were in the living room and we could see the teacher playing with a student and so it was obvious we just had to wait for them to be done. No wave or hi or anything though so I kind of felt a little bit awkward. 

And then come more cats. 

There was four walking around and two of them were coming straight for us. Literally all three kids are using me as a human shield. Luckily, there was no yelping or screaming though... at least not yet.

Oh my goodness! 
So there was one couch. And then there were cats and all these nice fragile things all over the house. So we meander over to the couch and already I'm like K I can not let go of Zavier because he will 100 % break something. And then there was Izaac that had started yelping again.  He sat down on the couch and a cat jumped right up in his lap. I mean in this case it was more like bloody screaming.

BUT again, not even a head turn from the teacher lol. I mean we are literally putting on a circus over here but no one seemed to care! LOL

Well five minutes FINALLY passed and we were acknowledged. No small talk whatsoever though. Well, this was hard for Lexi because she kind of needs to be seduced in to talking to someone. You have be super kind and patient and also persistent. Again LOL. She was not definitely not going to get  any sort of extra love or mush or effort from this lady. 

The teacher literally dismissed or just completely unrecognized Lexi's discomfort and was like, "Ok let's begin" And Lexi looks at me and is like, "Um no". 

It took probably a whole 15 minutes for me just to get her to sit on the bench. And not to be rude but again there was no help from Mary Lou at all. It was all me. Mind you I also was holding a squirmy one year old and had a 5 year old literally wrapped around my one leg, just praying to the heavens that he didn't die today by one of the cats.

Eventually though and I don't really know why or how but Lexi sat on the bench. And honestly that's kind of all she did the whole time. Never spoke. She also was scared to touch the keys because the teacher kept telling her no, watch the notes. I was like um lady, she doesn't have a clue what she's doing and you're lucky she's sitting on the bench at all!

At this point I was kind of frustrated. She clearly wasn't the right match for Lex.

Oh well. 

We survived. And no one died by the cats. 


When we got in the car Lexi got strapped in and then said, "I am not going back".
Izaac then chimed in and said, "Me either".

Well kids, I won't be either =)

But hey, to look on the bright side, anything we try after this has got to be better right!?

WE CAN DO HARD THINGS =)
(We just may not do them again if we don't have to)

Till next time piano....

Comments

Popular Posts