"Ya... it's Dead..."


K so I'm in my room doing laundry (it's about 7 at night) when I hear this loud thud on my window. Like a really loud thud. 

And so I'm thinking that's weird. My window is way up high so the only thing that could really get to it would have to be... 

a bird....

Sure enough, I look out the window and see him dead on the ground.

Poor thing. 

The kids acted like it was the coolest thing they have ever seen. In fact, they were actually mad at me when I threw it the garbage. I think they could have inspected it for hours.

Definitely no remorse in the slightest. I know some people have kids that probably would have mourned this little guy's death.

Not mine. 
(Maybe that's a really bad sign...)

Or maybe it makes a lot of sense because their mother had them say cheese in front of the dead bird.

Clearly. we're not bird people.

Though it definitely did spark up some life questions about heaven and bodies and all that good stuff. So thank you bird for giving me a wonderful opportunity to talk about some really important things.
Seriously...

=)

Comments

Popular Posts