A Favorite Time
Spoiler Alert. There are over 100 pictures.
You're welcome
(I took like 1000)
We had another amazing trip at Powell this year. I can't say it enough either how I feel so grateful that my kids get to go here every year. It's kid heaven.
It was especially more exciting this year because our Izaac was no longer scared of the water! This made for a big change and he is now a forever Powell fan
Welcome to the club buddy.
However, I will say this.
This year honestly was probably the hardest most different one of all.
One, Zavier is at a terrible Powell age. He just learned how to walk. Doesn't really listen to commands. But he's old enough to complain that he's not 100 % comfortable. So I could never really relax or sit with him. Plus he did not like the water! I thought that he was going to love it too but nope not at all. The only place he really enjoyed being was in the giant unicorn!
Two, there were storms every night. Luckily, we were in the tent again so it didn't matter too much but it freaked out the kids alot. One night the tent was bending because of the wind so bad that Lexi was shrieking for her life. I mean, we never got flooded or anything but one of the things I love about Powell is the calm nice beautiful nights. And I felt like this year, we honestly didn't really get a good one. Lexi actually said she's scared to go back because of the storms and this has never been an issue before.
Three, it was the year of the spiders. Blehh kill me now. I got a new tarp for the tent before we left and didn't know that if it was too big, it could create problems. Like huge problems. Like, creating a perfect haven for wolf spider, problems. Because of the rain, the too big tarp created little pockets or puddles of water which the spiders loved. They especially loved the water under the tent. Like I said, kill me now. There were probably 100 spiders around our tent.
GROSS!
Luckily, my dad helped us out and we cut the tarp to fit the tent. We also moved it. And then let it dry without the tent. SO many spiders. The kids had no idea though. This helped.
Me... not so much lol
Four, we didn't have a good wake-boarding boat. I also didn't have my wake boarding buddy, Tommy. So I missed that part of the trip a ton.
Other than that though it was pretty amazing, like always. It's still one of my most favorite places on earth.
We were by the butte again this year and it is the most beautiful place to be, I swear.
Nothing beats the view. The weather in the day was perfect too. Hot enough you wanted to swim but cool enough that you weren't on your death bed.
We got a jet ski again this year and that was so fun again too. I loved going out with Jimmy. This one time we went out for a while and would just stop and get off and swim and it was so much fun.
It was funny because Lexi would only want to go with Daddy because he was so fast but then Izaac would only want to go with me because I was way too slow. I'm glad we got it. Thanks Dad!
We also got to do a little cliff jumping one day which of course I loved. I don't have any footage of that though.
Lake Powell. We love you.
Thank you for another unforgettable year.
Another thank you to Jacob as well!
K just kidding there is more pics LOL
These ones were from my phone





































































































































Comments
Post a Comment