Lex Mex is SEVEN!



Our Lexi girl has officially turned seven years old and like usual, I'm just sitting here like, "How?"

She is growing up so fast and I wish so badly that I could some how slow it down. Though I do have to say that it helps that I love so much who she is becoming.

Lexi is still one of the most unique and special people that I have ever met. She marches to her own drum and I am so proud of that. She really doesn't care what other people think of her and I feel like it is one of her greatest strengths. She does what she wants and doesn't look back.

Lexi is still always up with the sun. I think there has been maybe 2 or 3 times that she has slept past 7am. It doesn't matter if she goes to bed at 730 or 1000. It's like the sun coming up is her very own personal invitation to get out of bed and start the day. And she is my kid that is always ready to eat as soon as she wakes up too. Buttermilk pancakes are made daily over here and I am proud to say that my little seven year old can do them completely all on her own.

Lately, the question that Lexi asks me the most is if she could go swimming. She is a fish. It makes my heart so happy that we now have a pool for her in the backyard. I don't think there has been a day since April that she hasn't jumped in. And if someone even mentions the word pool, she is instantly by the door in her bathing suit.

Another thing that Lexi is frequently found doing is playing make pretend in her room. She can play with her stuffed animals, her dolls, and her little figures for hours. It's another thing that I just love about her. I love stopping by her door and listening to her little stories. It is one of my most favorite things to do.

You see, Lexi isn't even close to boring. She is always being creative and her little mind is always spinning. It's definitely another one of her biggest strengths. She still can't sit and watch tv for more than 20 minutes and even then, that is pushing it for her. And if she does sit and watch a show its more than likely a show called Magic. She definitely is all about fairy tales and magic.

After we painted her room pink, we found a sign that said Land of Fairy Tales, and it was perfect for her.

Lexi and me also still have an incredible bond. For some reason she still can't seem to get enough of me =) Even now when Jimmy and I go on dates, she is still our kid that clearly cares the most. And whenever I am sitting anywhere, there she is. Church, the couch, the bed, at the dinner table. Lexi has to be by mom. And it kind of makes me feel like a rock star.

Lexi is already so nurturing and loving. She loves taking care of Zavier and it makes a lot of things much easier for me when she is around. 
She has also decided that she wants to be a kindergarten teacher. (Sound familiar)
It's crazy to me how alike we are. Again, it makes me feel so special and it just makes our bond that much stronger. At least for now lol =)

Lexi dear, you are the most amazing and beautiful daughter. I love that you are in out family for eternity. 

Some Favorites and Facts

Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Song: Blank Space -Taylor Swift 
Favorite Food: French Fries
Favorite Cookie: Sugar
Favorite Animal: Bunny
Favorite Thing to Do: Swim
Favorite Place to Go: Target (but only when we get icees)
Favorite Book: Junie B Jones
Favorite Game: Splendor
Favorite Show: Just like Magic
Best Friend: Mommy
Other friends: Tiffany, Lacey, Meila, Chloe, Makenna, and Isabel
Favorite Teacher: Mrs. Graves
Favorite Subject at School: Gym
Favorite Movie: Matilda

Lexi has 6 night lights in her room and still would never be able to sleep with her bedroom door shut. She still hates to have her hair done. She never looks in the mirror. She loves to be bare foot. She is very close to her Aunt Amanda and Grandma. She  has 5 pink bunnies and needs three of them to sleep. She's always the last one out of the pool. She is very emotional and does not like contention at all. She loves making cards and uses my craft room like it's her own. She has started to love playing basketball with Izaac. She loves to cook and bake. She still is constantly flipping upside down and doing hand/head stands. She is still terrified of cats. She farts... a lot and thinks its hilarious. Her favorite thing to wear is a 3T jean skirt. She is still extremely shy and very cautious with what adults she will talk to. She has a weird thing about her drinks being cold, especially water. And clearly has a love for ice. She loves broccoli. Shes ridiculously strong. And fast. Shes super creative.

And last but not least she has the cutest laugh and smile ever. It's definitely contagious.

WE LOVE YOU LEXI!

Comments

Popular Posts