P.T with the Miss Lauren
I haven't blogged about Zavier's physical therapy yet! And he started about two months ago!
Anyways, awhile back I got a phone call from Arizona's Early Intervention Program. The woman told me that Zavier's pediatrician had put in a referral for him to receive special services due do his diagnosis's. I actually didn't even know that he did that lol.
It's just another reason why we like Dr. Vargas so much. He is so proactive with getting the right care for Zavier.
Arizona's Early Intervention Program is a program that provides different in-home therapies for children ages, birth-3. It is also completely free. I had no idea something like this existed! It sounded amazing.
We of course agreed to have an evaluation done to see if Zavier qualified for their care. So about a week or two later his service coordinator came out to meet with us. And she asked me tons of developmental questions. All of my answers would then accumulate a score and then this would determine whether or not Zave would be approved to get therapy or not. I should mention that she was really just testing for physical therapy at this point.
Well Zavier was actually borderline with his scores which was both good and bad. Good that he is doing good but bad because this meant he would not qualify.
I have to admit I was kind of bummed. I thought that it would actually be really good for him. Just having a new person to interact with would be beneficial. I feel like any experience I can give him is so positive and helps his brain make new connections which is obviously so important right now.
I was also surprised too because I mean, Zavier still won't even hold his own bottle yet.
But there was nothing I could do.
Well... a couple days later I got a phone call from one of the head coordinators of this Early Intervention Program. And it was amazing.
She told me that part of her job is to go through all of the different evaluations that take place within the program and that she took a particular look at Zavier's. She said she was extremely shocked that with both Dandy Walker and Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum he still wasn't approved. She said it was fantastic that he was doing so good but she also told me that....
Not only did she want this program to be a intervening program to help children with special needs but to be a preventative program as well. She said that if we would like, she would love to override Zavier's scores and start therapy for him.
I was thrilled. I really felt so blessed and just so close to my Heavenly Father after this call.
So the next week, his new Physical Therapist, Lauren, came out to meet us!
And we LOVE her!
We also love this program. It is so nice to have her come to the house instead of having to go somewhere. She comes every two weeks.
Anyways, I was kind of too nervous to take pictures and video the first couple times but we are definitely getting closer to Miss Lauren and feel just fine taking pictures now.
I love that Zavier gets to have someone like her! She is awesome!


Comments
Post a Comment