First Day of School 2018


Today was the first day of school! 
Definitely not an easy day. 
I swear I honestly would prefer to have these kids home with me all day.

It's kind of hard to ever imagine feeling differently too. 
And the truth is I considered homeschooling A LOT the last couple of weeks. For lots of reasons. But when it comes down to it, I feel like them going to school is the best thing. And so to school they went.

We got dunkin donuts (of course) for breakfast. New backpacks and lunch boxes were stuffed. And we had plenty of time to take pictures in the morning.









And I thought for sure, the way that things were going, there would be no tears at school.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the case. And tears obviously, make this day SO much worse.



We walked to the school as a family and then dropped Lexi off at her classroom first. She was doing so great but the second I said goodbye, her mood instantly and dramatically changed. And the tears began. It was so hard. I hate knowing that she feels so uncomfortable. But it was kind of nice that she was first because we had no choice but to leave and drop of Iz.


And again, it was the exact opposite situation. He kissed us goodbye and then didn't even watch us leave. We actually were "those" parents that said bye like 5 times, thinking eventually he would start to get sad. But nope, not even for a second.





We tried to catch a sneak at Lexi before leaving but I couldn't get a good view since I didn't want her to see me. Unfortunately, my friend Melissa said she was still crying though when she walked out. =(

BUT her teacher was so sweet and messaged me about 30 minutes later and said that she was doing great. Whewww!

Ughh. I  am not a fan of the first day of school.

Thank the heavens I still have Zave babe to keep me company. I will admit, I am excited to get lots of quality one on one time with him. I think it will be so good for him. 


Also, I'm glad we got a dozen donuts this morning instead of a 1/2. 
It helped a smudge to eat some feelings =)


Comments

Popular Posts