The Iron Gates


K so these obviously aren't iron lol. But they are also not flimsy wood either...

It was definitely time for to level up from those. Zavier learned that he could either push the wooden one over with all his might and it would tip over a bit or that he could also well... climb over the top of it. 

He also discovered the stairs from the upstairs... This was actually a lot more dangerous. Zavier was playing with Lexi and Izaac in the playroom while I was making dinner last night and the next thing I know, I hear a couple thuds and then lots and lots of crying. Sure enough, Zavier had fallen down half our stair case. Luckily, it wasn't the whole way.

I told Lexi to make sure he didn't leave without her but she said she had to pee and didn't think he was going to leave the room.

Obviously, that wasn't the case. But I couldn't blame her. We can't expect her and Izaac to be in charge of Zavier like that, especially for the long term. 

So right after dinner, me and the kids headed over to Home Depot. I wasn't going to let this happen again. (We like you too much Zave).

After the kids went to bed, I installed them. One on the bottom of the stairs and then one at the top.

Well, Zavier is not a fan.
He woke up this morning to find his stair days were over. 

He tried for a good solid 10 minutes to find a way through but it worked it's purpose and Zavier finally accepted the fact that he was stuck.

Gate 1. Zave 0 

Comments

Popular Posts