6 Years OLD!
Izaac James Cox, how I am so eternally grateful for you and the last 6 years that I have been able to me your mom.
Izaac honestly reminds me of a puzzle piece. He just has some of these amazing and unique qualities that our family SO desperately needs. He fills in our gaps.
For example, Izaac is SO incredibly easy going. I mean he can get mad about a pair of shorts but when it comes to the big stuff, I never have to worry about him. He just goes with the flow and it helps us all. And if he does get upset... he's mad for a total of 10 seconds lol.
He's also always making us laugh.
Still.
It can be as simple as a burp or a silly complaint but it never fails to make us all laugh and it truly unifies us as a family.
Izaac is also so confident and brave. He's not scared to try new things (only when it comes to food). He's not scared to speak his mind. He's not scared to be himself. This, we need too. I think it helps both Lexi and Zavier be confident with who they are as well.
I love that we get to have Izaac in our family. There are so many times when I am stressed, or sad, or my patience is run so thin, and he comes over to me and helps. Sometimes it's just by saying that he loves me. Sometimes it's a hug. Sometimes he actually will help me with whatever it is that I am doing. But he really is always there when he can sense that I need a little pick me up. My relationship with him is so special and sacred to me.
And I'm just going to say this for the millionth time.... one of my most favorite things ever has been watching him play sports. I love that he adds this part to our family. Because that's all he wants to do and again it really does unify our family. It has been amazing to watch him play too because he is just so dang passionate about it. He doesn't just want to play. He wants to learn. To be fierce. To practice. It's incredible to me. I cannot wait until next month when he starts basketball again. I truly hope that this fire in him doesn't ever burn out.
Izaac is such a wonderful brother to both Lexi and Zavier. With Lexi, he usually lets her be the boss. And whenever you can tell she starts to get frustrated he usually is the first one to concede to keep the peace. And with Zavier, he makes sure to kiss and hug him every night before bed. And he loves to play with him and make him laugh. I love when I catch him stroking his hair or his cheek. You can tell that he loves him so much. Even if he gets mad that Zavier ruined a tower or lego thing, Izaac will instantly apologize for losing his cool. I think it's amazing.
And that's another thing about Izaac. He is so quick to apologize when he knows he has done something wrong. The other day I was outside hedging the bushes and Izaac runs out and says I am so sorry like 10 times before telling me that he broke the vase inside. I couldn't even be mad because you could tell he was genuinely upset about it.
Izaac has also become quite the artist. One of his favorite things to do this past year is to draw. He must have at least 20 pictures on his walls in his room of pictures that hes made. Currently he is drawing pictures and diagrams of Minecraft, which is definitely his thing right now. He's all about anything Minecraft. Though, Pokemon takes a close second. His drawings get better and more creative every day. He's even started to do bubble letters. And I love them.
Izaac is also still the loudest little boy on the face of the planet. Whether he's commentating his own sports game, fighting with swords, playing pretend with dinosaurs or legos, or splashing in the pool, his noise level is at the TOP. Even when he is genuinely trying to keep it down he is loud lol. And although sometimes it can be a bit much most of the time, it's just another thing that keeps our home on an uplifting note.
Let's see. Some fun things about Izaac right now. At his 6 year check up, he was exactly 45 pounds and 45 inches tall. He loves to take showers now instead of baths. Oh, and he sings at the top of his lungs while he takes them. It's also steaming hot in there. HE HATES germs. JUST like his Daddy did when he was a kid. Seriously, if someone sips out of his straw, he'll get a new one or flip it upside down. If someone breathes on his food, he acts like its been poisoned. And forget about sharing a soda can or cup. Smell is definitely one of his dominant senses. Again, just like his Dad. He smells everything especially if he's about to eat it. And he's always the first one to smell something either good or bad. He'll often tell me to wash his blanket or pillow because it smells lol. He says "dam" way too often. And he is very animated when he talks or tells stories. He is obsessed with basketball. He is doing incredibly well in school and his teacher actually says he's one of her favorite students ever. Mostly because he is so funny. He is definitely my best sleeper by far. Once we say prayers and goodnight, I don't see him again until morning. He loves to look "cool" and usually has a hat on and a particular sweatshirt on to do this. He also insists on only wearing jeans, even though it's getting pretty hot. And again, it's all because he has to look cool. He loves nerf wars and fighting and LOVES to be challenged. He also loves to work out or stretch with me.
He is still ALL boy and we love him for it.
Favorites
Favorite Food: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Favorite Dessert: Cake
Favorite Thing to Do: Playing catch with the football
Favorite Color: White, Silver, Gold, and Red
Favorite Book: Pokemon Books
Favorite Movie: Star Wars
Favorite Show: Minecraft Story Mode
Favorite Game: Minecraft
Best Friend: Speed
Favorite Place: Lake Powell
Best Memory: Playing basketball with the family
Friends at school: Hayden, Jayden, Rocky, and Talia
Favorite Song: Happy Now by Kygo
What he wants to be when he grows up: Nintendo Maker
We LOVE you Izaac. Ugga mugga =)

Comments
Post a Comment