Zavy is TWO!
The way I love you is honestly like no other. It's such a special and sacred kind of love. From the minute I found out that you were missing parts of your brain and had Dandy Walker, this new, extremely powerful unconditional love just filled my heart.
I feel like you opened a whole new part of my heart. A part I didn't know was there and a kind of love that I didn't even know was possible.
It's crazy and I think it's hard for people to understand this that don't have special needs children but I actually love you more for your differences. I wouldn't change them. I love that you are different. I truly do. And some people might think, well don't you want him to be normal?
I feel like you opened a whole new part of my heart. A part I didn't know was there and a kind of love that I didn't even know was possible.
It's crazy and I think it's hard for people to understand this that don't have special needs children but I actually love you more for your differences. I wouldn't change them. I love that you are different. I truly do. And some people might think, well don't you want him to be normal?
And honestly, sure, I want him to have just as many opportunities as anybody else, but at the same time, I also wouldn't change anything. It's what makes you YOU.
You're also my baby. I am so grateful that it took a while to get pregnant with you. Because it's really allowed me to enjoy it all. I don't feel crazed. If anything it's like a gift to me. To get to savor and soak up this baby phase. I think God knew I needed it to be like this or I would never be able to stop having babies. But with you, I feel good closing each chapter because I got to truly treasure each moment.
Oh Zavy, you bring us all so much joy.
You really are the happiest little boy ever. I will never forget the doctor asking your dad and I what we wanted the most for you before you were born and Daddy said, "I just want to know that he is happy". And we definitely know this lol. You are always smiling and laughing and it fills our home with so much peace and happiness.
You just have such a positive and cheerful disposition.
And you love to have fun. You love to play and dance. You love to laugh and run.
And you also love everyone. You are so kind and offer everyone smiles. Again, I am so grateful for this. Because if you didn't like people (like someone else we know)... it would be so hard meeting all these therapists and doctors. But you welcome everyone into your circle with open arms.
Right now you are in speech, physical, occupational, and feeding therapy. And you are doing so well in all of them. You have gained probably 2-4 pounds alone in just the last month or two! So your eating has definitely improved (mostly because we found out you were lactose intolerant).
And you are doing so well physically. You're only big delay right now is still speech. But we continue to watch you improve and I am not worried.
If you haven't noticed, you absolutely love basketball. And honestly, all of your therapists have said how they think basketball might actually be the reason that you are doing so well. Because you throw that ball over and over and over, it has helped your coordination and mid point balance so well. You really could play for hours and I could watch you for hours too. It never gets old to watch and be amazed that you can throw a ball with such force and accuracy. It's incredible.
Your favorite things to do other than basketball are probably being outside and you are starting to like trucks and cars more and more.
You love your brother and sister and I love the relationship that both of them have with you.
You are sleeping so well right now and I still am obsessed with your mesh tent on your crib. Usually, it's either Lexi or Izaac that let you out each morning.
You're also still so obsessed with your Grandpa. I love the special bond between you two. If grandpa is around, that's all that matters to you.
You love baths. You love walks. You love music. You still have no idea how to count to three. You don't know your colors either. And you also do not point to any body parts yet.
But it is definitely getting easier to understand what you want... and more importantly what you don't want lol. You are my little shadow and follow me where ever I go.
Your favorite food is either pizza or chicken. You still won't even try a piece of fruit or cheese. Luckily though, you have started to drink almond milk which makes me feel better that you are getting something in your tummy other than crackers and juice lol.,
You love to cuddle and of course you love tickles.
And we of course LOVE YOU!
I thank my Heavenly Father for you each and every day and night, Zavier. You are so special to me.

Comments
Post a Comment