Memorial Day 2019


This day is so sacred to me. It might not be the most anticipated holiday or the funnest (and obviously I know this) but I think it honestly hits me the hardest. I get so emotional on this day, thinking about what all these people did and sacrificed, for our freedom. Actually, I get emotional all the time thinking about these men and women. 

I have always been and think I always will be fascinated with war stories. I just cannot get over what some of these people have done. It is absolutely mind boggling to me.

The stories out there are just so inspiring and I am so taken back at the courage and bravery that these people had. 
 That someone could willingly lay down their life for someone else is just the most incredible quality, I think. 

....Maybe that is why I am so in love and in awe with my husband =)

I feel like it truly is the most beautiful thing. I really do.



So once again, me and the kids left super early in the morning to go and visit the National Memorial Cemetery. And once again I got teary driving in and seeing all the people coming together and supporting and honoring our military past and present.

This year was a lot cooler which was kind of nice. It gave us a little more time to explore, ponder, and talk together. 

We also once again, knelt down and said a prayer. We thanked our Father in Heaven for our freedom, for the men and women who have fought and died for us. For their families. We prayed for Daddy and all those serving our country now. We prayed that we can be good and honor and freedom that we have. And we thanked him so dearly for the opportunity we have to live here in America. 

I hope that we can always start our morning off like this on this day. Our military and our veterans deserve our thoughts and prayers. They truly are remarkable and brave souls.

I am so thankful to them. And I hope that their stories can continue to be shared.



















Comments

Popular Posts