Mother's Day =)


I feel like Mother's day kind of started on Friday this weekend and it has been just wonderful.

Izaac rushed in the car to give me this plant/cup with his face on it after school on Friday, and honestly ever since I put it out the counter, I can't help but smile and feel a little extra grateful that I get to be a mom. His darling little face is just a constant reminder that I have something so precious.


Then on Saturday night, it was so sweet when Lexi and Izaac got together after Jimmy left for work and discussed how Daddy put them in charge of Mother's Day morning. 

They set out to make more cards and come up with a game plan. I of course appreciate Jimmy's hand in it every year but I also really love when it comes from the kids the most. 



And it really was the kids doing it because Jimmy didn't even get home until almost 9:30 in the morning.

So the kids all rushed in all on their own, showering me with gifts at 6 in the morning lol
And I love each and everyone of them.

It's so funny that these silly little paper crafts can mean so much. 





Here is a picture before I even got out of bed. Not looking my very best lol but definitely feeling top notch =)


Lexi then told me Daddy told her to make french toast. So that's exactly what we did and honestly I only helped a tiny bit. Izaac even offered to clean up. Either they really love me or Jimmy bribed them with something extra special haha





After church we had my parents over for dinner. And one of my favorite things was this salad. I should have taken pictures of the shrimp though. Jimmy has made shrimp for me for like the last 3 or so years in a row and I just love it.


I am so glad my mom got to come over. She truly is heaven sent and most certainly one of my greatest blessings. She is always there without fail and I still need her pretty desperately. 
One of my biggest wishes is that my kids, especially Lexi can feel this way about me when she is older and know that she can lean and depend on me through all of life's struggles. I also pray that we can forever be as close as me and my mom are.

Here is my sweet Lexi girl and her little questionnaire about me. I love it.
Izaac forgot to do his lol


Anyways, how I love being a mom. I truly love love love it.

I feel so incredibly blessed that I have three amazing beautiful and healthy children.

 I also feel so incredibly blessed, because for me, being a stay at home mom really is enough. I don't crave getting out and getting away from my kids. I don't crave chasing a career. And while I think those things are all totally justified and okay for other women, I can honestly say that somehow, at least right now, I personally, don't need those things.

 I feel accomplished in raising them and making our home a place of order and peace. I feel happy in making meals and cleaning. Some how I am able to take the simple small things that I do on a daily basis and see a greater work. And I think this is one of my biggest blessings. Plus, projects help lol =)

I mean, who knows, maybe one day this will change but for right now, this honestly, is more than enough for me. This really is my dream. And I am so happy. 

Love you kiddos!



Comments

Popular Posts