This Grass will Always be the Greenest =)



For the last month or two Jimmy has been seriously looking into getting some artificial grass for our side yard. 

Anyways, our side yard really is not the biggest space but at the same time, it's also a lot of wasted space. Lots and lots of rocks... which the kids, still somehow manage to play on... barefoot.

I think after watching Zavier play in the rocks day after day, Jimmy decided that maybe it would be nice to give him something a little less sharp, pokey, and dangerous to play on lol.

However, not only was buying grass on the pricey side, but it would also require A LOT of prep work to get the ground ready to lay down grass. Specifically, moving ALL the rocks. Then we'd have to level out the ground quite a bit. And then we'd have to spread a couple tons of pea size gravel over all the flat ground. AND THEN level that out as well as go over it with a compactor.

 So this idea that Jimmy had, kind of just stayed in the back of my mind. I mean, because of all the work it required... honestly figured it would probably never actually happen. 

UNTIL... Jimmy's dad and Debbie left Arizona. And I don't know, after having our guests leave I was itching to do a project and also after having gained some serious pounds from eating Creme Brulee like every night for the past week., it got me to thinking... And those rocks just kept staring at me....

SO, I decided I would take them on. 

And... it really wasn't easy lol. I had to move ALOT of big rocks. But it was also extremely rewarding because I was able to take the rocks from the side yard and put them all around the pool in the areas that needed more rocks and so adding more rocks made it look a thousand times better. It made everything look a lot more clean cut and fresh which helped give me another incentive to get it done.

And then when I got to the smaller rocks, I was able to do the same to the front yard. The whole process took me about a week. Day after day I would shovel and move more and more rocks.
There was a lot more rocks then I thought lol.
 But I have to say, I truly enjoy doing work like this. I like working my body while at the same time getting tangible results for my home. It's exciting and fun for me.

Anyways, after the rocks were all out of the way, it was time to get pebble size rocks, put them in, tamper them down, AND then lay down the grass.

This part needed more than just little old me lol. But luckily we have a great family that was more than willing to help. Dad, Jake, and Cari, and Alex came over and by the end of the day, the grass was rolled in place!

Then for the next two days, Jimmy cut and nailed it all down.

And then.... WA LA!

Green green green grass that we never have to water =)

The kids, especially Zavier, are obsessed with their new chill spot. They have pretty much lived out there for the last couple days. Even Jimmy and I have spent lots of time just laying out there.

 It's fun to look out and keep seeing the green too. Again, it's not the biggest space, but it's just enough. And it really does make a difference.







We love you grass!














Comments

Popular Posts