Painting the Playroom

Ok, so don't even get me started on the things
I don't like about the playroom downstairs. =)

There are just so many things I wish I could change about it, that sadly I cannot.... in-less I were to come across some serious cash lol

But there was one thing that I could do to spruce it up a little, and that was paint. 

The walls in that room were white, which I actually really liked because there is so much natural light in there. 

However, they were covered in so many holes and had dirt spots out the wazooo. 

So on the week Jess went home to Vegas, I decided to go ahead and paint it.

I decided to just paint it white again. I actually think white walls are beautiful if there is enough natural light coming in, and well down there, there is definitely enough. 

Plus, being the play room, with white walls, I can change the color scheme as I please. And it's a humongous room, about 400 sq. feet, so, to paint it over again.... is quite the task. More so even than I had previously thought...

Oh my goodness! Painting is a lot of work! 

Granted, I did it completely by myself, with two little kids at home with me, in less than 48 hours.

I am or at least was, a painting virgin and I honestly thought when I started that it would only take me a couple of hours. 
That thought still makes me laugh. 

It was way harder than I thought. And by the end, I was sore, sweaty, had paint everywhere on my body and in my hair, and I even had a few blisters on my hands.

Needless to say, I learned a lot. 

But despite the hard work and blisters, I really did enjoy it. In fact, it took everything in me to not go ahead and paint every other room in the house. 

You see, after painting the playroom, I realized just how dirty and straggly all my other walls were. 

But I refrained myself. 

Anyways, I didn't take any before and after pictures because it was just white over white. But I should have, because it really does look different! I am proud and I love it. 

It was a fun project.
And before I got all gross the second day, I let Lexi "help" paint for a minute and we took a couple fun pictures together.




Now on to my next project =)

Comments

Popular Posts