Utah Trip 2014 Part Two
I told Holly that Friday night, "K, So I'm gonna wake up around 5:30-6ish to take a shower."
(Me, Jimmy, Mom, and Dad were leaving just after 7, the next day, to go to the first morning General Conference session of the weekend)
LOL
Well it was 7:15am when Jimmy woke me up and said, "It's 7:15!"
Our kids were both sound asleep, neither of us had showered or were ready to go, obviously, and mom and dad were going to meet us at Tommy and Holly's in 5 minutes, all set to go.
There was one second that I thought, "Okay well, maybe we shouldn't go. We can spend more time with Tommy and Holly, the kids are going to freak out when we leave, and we have 5 minutes to get ready."
Well just then, Jimmy looked at me, obviously knew what I was thinking, and said, "We're going".
So seriously about 15 minutes later, we said goodbye to our kids, still in their jammies, and were out the door to Salt Lake.
And I am so so grateful for Tommy and Holly for watching our kids all morning and for a husband who pushed me to go. It was incredible and I am so thankful for the experience that we had.
We seriously had the most perfect time.
Upon arriving, it should be noted for future generations that Jimmy had one of his knives in his suit coat pocket and at security, took it out and put it in the bowl since it was metal. Well, I was sure they were not going to let us in until we got rid of it but the security guy just let Jimmy take it back and go on in. Gave some food for thought lol
Anyways, I loved all the talks that morning and they definitely took a lot more meaning to me, being able to be there in person and see them speak. The spirit was so strong and it felt so wonderful to be in the prophet's presence. I had such a strong feeling of, "Kathy, this is exactly where you are supposed to be today". And I will never forget that.
Some of the things that really stuck out:
Eldder Lynn G. Robbins "Which Way Do You Face?"
"While it certainly takes courage to face perils, the true badge of courage is overcoming the fear of men."
D. Todd Chirstofferson "Free Forever, To Act for Themselves"
"But I know that beyond desiring His help, we must exert ourselves, repent, and choose God for Him to be able to act in our lives consistent with justice and moral agency. My plea is simply to take responsibility and go to work so that there is something for God to help us with."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf "Recieving a Testimony of Truth and Light"
"Let us acknowledge that most often gaining a testimony is not a task of a minute, an hour, or a day. It is not once and done. The process of gathering spiritual light is the quest of a lifetime."
And then I just have to add this one, Jimmy had me watch it with him after we got home from Utah, it's from the Priesthood session and it was fantastic!
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf "Lord, Is It I?"
"In these simple words, “Lord, is it I?” lies the beginning of wisdom and the pathway to personal conversion and lasting change."
Also, it was so awesome being able to hear Elder Chi Hong Wong give his talk in another language (cantonese) for the first time in history. I am so grateful for that. It was very cool.
After conference, we took our time walking around and then went out to lunch.
Temple square is so gorgeous. It was the perfect weather outside too. A little too sunny for good pictures lol but still such a pretty day!
For lunch we decided to steer clear of anything nearby since they were all ridiculously packed, and agreed to go to Litza's Pizza about 10 minutes away.
Dad has a small obsession with this place and so we thought it would be nice to let him eat there =)
But I gotta say, it was actually really great.
We got 2 pizzas and it was perfect.
Pretty soon we were back at Tommy and Holly's and reunited with our kids!
They did really well and I was so glad!
We had another really fun afternoon there.
That night after the boys went to the Priesthood session, we went and got some ice cream at the Malt Shoppe. I absolutely LOVE the banana cream pie milkshake there and like always it was sinfully delicious.
Then we headed over to the Ketcheson's to stay there for the night. (Our family and mom and dad)
It of course, was super fun to see Linda and Roger and to be in their beautiful home.
They are just the best!
They are just the best!
We basically had the whole entire basement to ourselves and you couldn't have asked for a more comfortable place to stay.
It was great.
Thank you so much again for having us!
We talked for a while that night (wish it could have been longer though!) and then the next morning we had a fun little breakfast. Megan, Weston, and their boys and then Tommy and Holly and their kids joined us.
It was so nice seeing Megan and getting to talk to her for a bit. I wish it could have been for longer too!
Sigh.
For most of the day, we were back at Tommy and Holly's place.
And I loved spending time more time with them, especially Mia and Beckham.
Mia was such a cutie and Beckham is hilarious! He is all smiles and is so bright and talented!
We played games, took naps, listened to some conference, talked a lot, and had dinner, and then Jimmy, the kids, and I went over to my friend from collage, Ana's house, to visit with her and Jill, that night.
SO FUN! Oh my goodness I love those girls so much. Constant chatter and laughter. I could have stayed for forever. Man do I miss them!
The sleeping pictures of the day....
Even Lexi fell asleep =)
Here we are at Ana's beautiful home
That night we talked at Tommy and Holly's for awhile after we got back and it wasn't until almost midnight that we all left again to go stay at the Ketchesons.
It was sad saying our final goodbyes to Tommy, Holly, Bex, and Mia. We miss them so much already.
End Utah Part Two.















Thanks for sharing the quotes; I love love LOVE General Conference!
ReplyDeleteCome again… anytime!