Utah Trip 2014 Part One

We haven't been able to make it to Utah in a couple years now and so it was so awesome to be able to go again! 
We had such a great time. 

Let's begin, shall we? =)

We left Cottonwood Thursday night, around 8 pm. The best part, we got to take our new van! Ah, so amazing.

We were able to borrow those tv's from our friends again, and so it was awesome. After about 30 minutes or so of some Frozen, the kids were sound asleep, and we were on our way to a easy, peaceful, drive.

It was actually perfect. No traffic, great weather, and we didn't see one disgusting deer =)

We decided weeks prior to our trip that we would stop half way on Thursday night, so a little before 1am, we pulled into Kanab and got out at our little cheap motel. 

We were somewhat worried when we got there because the office was um, closed! but we found an envelope with our name on it, with the key to our room, inside it, on the door. Wheewwww!

So we got the kids out and went to bed for a couple hours. We actually all really slept well.

Here are some pictures at the motel there. 






Then it was, "Goodbye Kanab, Hello Provo"
And we were back on our way.


We kept the kids in their jammies and once again, put on... drum roll please.... Frozen.


Some one was still a little tired.


Before we knew it we were in Provo. I was worried that I might not be able to get to Tom and Holly's place on my own but it was easy peasy. And as we did, hundreds of memories flooded my brain.

It was SO fun meeting Mia for the first time and to see everyone.

A little after we got there, we all got changed, and headed out to lunch. 
We were originally going to go to Jay Dawgs, however it was PACKED beyond packed and since we had a newborn, a one year old, a soon to be two year old, and a three year old, we opted for something else.

Tommy suggested this burger place (I don't remember the name) and it was a great choice. Everything was fantastic and it was perfect for kids.

Afterwards we headed over to the BYU campus to go get us some apparel for that night's "Royaled Out" game. 


Unfortunately, we didn't find anything worth buying and the bookstore was literally a mad house. But that's okay. We still got to see some of the campus and later we found some cheap shirts to wear at a local grocery store.







The rest of the afternoon, we just chilled at Tommy and Holly's place.
It was so fun being all together. We also played a new game, Coop, and let's just say there were definite tears from people laughing so hard. 


We got pizza for dinner, and then we were off to the football game VS. Utah State.

Man oh man, we were all so excited. We all had matching shirts on, and we were ready!
And I was super prepared with the kids... Oh yes... they came... to an 8pm game in the cold.
True dedication right there.

I had a seat that would strap on the bench for Izaac and then we had another stadium seat for me or Jimmy or whoever had to hold Lexi. And we had coats, blankets, snacks, you name it.

And I gotta say, strictly talking about the two little ones.... it was great!! 
Both Lexi and Izaac did wonderful!

Though I must state for the record, if it wasn't for Grandma's popcorn, it might have been a different story =) so thanks mom!

Lexi was hilarious most of the time. Because of that contagious amazing spirit at stadiums, she was cheering, yelling, and dancing. Even Izaac piped in a couple times.
It was fun. 

As for the game itself.... don't even get me started. 
Heart wrenching is all I can say.

So leaving at half time was definitely the right choice. Jimmy and I took off with the kids and I am SO glad we did!

Oh, and I probably should record the fact that, while I was taking Lexi to the bathroom right when the game started, an older man flipped out at Jimmy. Apparently we needed to move down one more seat, and so this man yelled and literally threw the blankets and seat we had that was touching his seat, on the ground.
I am so glad I wasn't there because I definitely would have cried.

Oh! And another thing I don't want to forget is that on our walk from the car to the stadium there was this cat, and at this one cross walk, this lady didn't want it to get lost or hit by a car, so she picked it up and literally just threw it over this brick wall next to us. It was so random and so hilarious. 

Well, two things, 1) the cat just ended up jumping the wall and we actually ended up seeing in the stadium later and 2) on the way back, we forgot which way we had to go, but it just so happened that we got confused at the same cross walk the lady had thrown the cat, so we quickly remembered which way we had to go. Lol I thought it was funny.

Here are some pictures of the game. 
I wish we had more, but it was hard since it was super crowded and we had two kids to hold and entertain the whole time. 






As soon as we got back from the game, Jimmy and the kids passed out and I stayed up and had a really nice chat with Holly. It was super fun to get to talk to her for a while just us. 

I really wish we lived closer to them. You guys are awesome =)

K. End of Utah Part One

Stay tuned =)

Comments

Popular Posts