First Day at Sonoran Heights!
This cutie started her first day of her new school today.
And... unfortunately, it put the last first day to complete shame.
Nothing compared to the horror of the drop off =(
I mean, I was ready for tears and even maybe a tight grip on my shirt. But...
this girl took it to a whole new level.
Which you would never know looking at these pictures!
Because the morning started out great and she really was excited!
I mean look at that smile!
But... that smile quickly disappeared when we walked into her class and saw her teacher.
The problem was that there are three first grade teachers. All of whom we met the Friday prior.
And they told us that unfortunately, they couldn't tell us which one would be her teacher until literally we showed up Monday morning (which for the record I think is completely ridiculous).
Anyways, Lexi got it in her head that she would have a particular one and it didn't work out that way...
So she was a mess.
A big one.
It was full on crying. Full on tugging/grabbing me. And if I'm being honest there was even some screaming. It was like I was going to leave her with the devil.
The crazy thing too is that the teacher seemed really nice and the classroom was a kid's dream!
There was Moana music playing which they said that they had music playing all day long.
All of the tables had a different type of chair. Swivel ones, bouncing yoga balls, bean bag type things, little stools. One table was even on the floor with mats instead of chairs.
There were big bean bag chairs in the one corner. Colorful things everywhere. A smart board, which some of the kids were already playing with. I mean it really was the coolest classroom I have ever seen!
Yet, I don't think Lexi noticed anything lol.
So I left her... balling. And in order to even leave, her teacher had to literally rip her off of me and hold her back.
New worst day of my parenting life. Hands down.
As soon as I walked out of the door, I was crying too.
The one secretary was kind enough to give me a hug and bless her heart, told me that she would call me in an hour or so to tell me how Lexi was doing.
And she did! About an hour later I got a phone call saying that Lexi was doing so much better and no more tears. It meant so much to me that she had called.
And when I picked up Lexi later that day, she said that it was okay. I think I squeezed her hand the tightest I could without her hurting her all the way home.
Anyways, here's to a better tomorrow.
And even though you didn't send off well, I'm still proud of you Lexi girl, for getting through the day.


Comments
Post a Comment