Michael

Jimmy and I have always talked about how we wouldn't ever want to move (if we didn't have to) after the kids were old enough to really care.

Well... we were already too late lol.

Moving to Surprise is taking a serious toll on Lexi. And even though I think it is because of several different things (change has always been hard on her), the main reason she does not want to leave Cottonwood, is because of a boy named Michael.

(she's 6... we know)

Within the last month or so, Michael has become Lexi's bestest friend. 

They have gotten so close in fact, that it has literally started to actually change Lexi. 
This has been so amazing to witness too because it is the first time that a friend is truly influencing and making a difference in her life. 

She has had so much more confidence! And she absolutely LOVES going to school. 
All to see and be with Michael.

Every single day last year and then for the first couple weeks this year, I would have to walk Lexi into the school because she was too scared to go in herself.

Well now, she willingly wants to walk by herself and not only that, but she likes to go super early too so that her and Michael can play on the playground together before school.
Do you know how nice it is, to not have to get out of the car!!?

She even does the Oce-lot Trot with the school every Friday now so that her and Michael could walk together. She used to want to skip it every week.

And today she even went on a field trip without me. It was a 45 minute bus ride to the farm too! And she didn't care at all. I am telling you, just a month ago, she would have cried and cried if I wasn't going with.

But she was so excited to sit on the bus with Michael lol.

They share their lunches together. They sit next to each other in class. And she said they are always partners.

I have also heard now from several different teachers, including their main teacher, Mrs. Monticbiaz that they have truly become inseparable. 

So even though it has been so fun to see Lexi grow so close to someone (who she claims is her future husband, I might add) it is literally killing me that we have to take her from him.

Ughh and today, made it so much worse =(
Because today I met Michael. 

And not only is he the cutest and sweetest boy, but I learned that he has autism. 

I also learned that Lexi has been an incredible help and friend to him and that she really keeps him on track in class. Especially because since he is a little bit different, most of the other kids kind of stay away from him.

The teacher's aid also told me that when Lexi isn't there and is absent, Michael physically will go and look for her. He has actually left the classroom several times.

And then the main teacher told me that when Lexi leaves, she is actually pretty nervous for him. She said he is very attached to her.

On top of all that, with it being Lexi's last day, Mrs. Monticbiaz had Lexi sit in the special chair and had all of the kids say things that they were going to miss about Lexi. And I am telling you, 90 % of them mentioned how they are going to miss seeing Lexi with Michael.

So I am here, trying so hard not to lose it. 
Because it is breaking my heart into a million pieces that we are splitting these two up.

Ughh. I hate it.
 Lexi and I have cried several times together now about this change and about leaving Michael.

I'm telling you, this has got to be one of the hardest parts about being a parent; seeing your child heart broken.

And I know it may sound silly because she's only in the first grade! but she really truly is so sad that we have to leave her best friend.

Anyways, Michael, you will probably never ever read this lol, but thank you for giving Lexi an unforgettable friendship. 

She is going to miss you so much.


(Oh. And P.S.
... For anyone that knows Lexi knows that hugging someone like this.... doesn't happen. Just a little perspective into how much this little boy means to her)












Comments

Popular Posts