Trick or Treat!
Another Halloween night down for the books.
Izaac opted to be a vampire this year. (A "only a little bit" scary one)
And he was the cutest vampire I ever saw. It was so fun getting him ready because he was so excited. I was a bit worried that he might feel a little bit sad since his costume wasn't ya know, glowing like Lexi's, but he definitely didn't care at all. He was 100 % proud of his vampire look.
It was actually the most fun to take pictures of him. The faces and poses he made were top notch!
He actually had a great and positive energy all night. He was just go go go!
It was cute and really made the night fun.
After every house, he would run up to me and tell me that he said trick or treat and thank you, too! He was so proud of himself for talking to people he didn't know lol.
This year Lexi decided she wanted to be a jellyfish.
And no, I promise that I did not give her that idea.
I honestly have no idea how in the heck she came up with that.
At first we thought we would try and do an umbrella type thing after googling it online but then after thinking about it for awhile, it seemed quite unrealistic, because who wants to hold an umbrella all night, as well as a bucket of candy??
So we went a different direction.
See that big jellyfish body on her head?
That is actually a large sombrero, surrounded by batting, covered by fabric.
It was actually pretty simple. The whole thing is put together with just a glue gun lol
And then to top it off, we added led lights. Lots of them. There were four strands total. Each of them needing three double A batteries. (We hid them under the fabric and made tiny slits for the on/off switches) And to keep them snug on top, we put a shimmer fabric over it all.
The jellyfish body/hat whatever you want to call it, was actually really heavy. So it got me thinking, how do we get it to stay put? And the answer was ribbon anchors.
Two tied down by her chin, two came down and strapped onto her shoulders, and then two more came down from the back and we tied them to her leotard bottom.
And it actually worked really well!
I was very impressed that it stayed put for the whole night.
Anyways, even though I definitely gave myself a pat on the back for this baby and Lexi was more than satisfied, it was actually slightly embarrassing as we trick or treated. Because literally everyone that we passed or saw would gasp and give us compliments. In fact, I actually had people come up to me and tell me that they would buy it! Random people would even ask if they could take a picture of her.
So it was a little overwhelming with all the attention.
But aside from being a bit showy, the lights actually provided the nice benefit of never losing Lexi or the rest of the kids for that matter. It was literally impossible to lose sight of her.
And it made it so easy for the kids to stay together because they would just follow Lexi's lights!
Zave Zave was a wittle little bat (Izaac's old costume). And of course, he looked adorable.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any really smiley pictures of him because I stupidly took shots of him last. And by that time, he was way tired. Poor thing.
This made it impossible to get a great one with all the kids together too.
But oh well. It's probably best to have true documentation anyways.
Here are some pictures from the night.
We missed our Jimmy. But it was fun having lots of people to walk with. All the kids looked so cute too. I love that our kids have cousins to do this kind of stuff with. I think it's actually what gave Izaac so much confidence for the night.
I can't get over the glow coming from Lexi. It really was hilarious all night long. It never got old.



























Comments
Post a Comment