One Tooth. One Scared Mama.
So yesterday I may have freaked out a little.
Okay, in a wide scheme of things, all I did was worry and post something on face book, but man, I was scared!
If you read this you most certainly know that we literally have the best baby of all time. You know, the one that never cries and is constantly smiling.
Well for the last 24 hours that dramatically changed.
We woke up on Sunday and already I could tell that something was different with Zavier. He wasn't crying but something just wasn't right.
If it wasn't our last Sunday at Church here in Cottonwood I might have not even gone. Even though Zave wasn't actually crying, you could tell he was uncomfortable and I kind of just had a feeling that something was wrong.
Anyways, he actually held up fine until about an hour before it was time to go home....
Here is when he started to cry. And I mean cry!
In his whole little life I have never seen or heard him like this. Ever.
Not even close.
He was seriously so upset. I was literally walking up and down the halls, rocking and bouncing, and nothing seemed to help. Eventually I got him to take a bottle and even still you could tell something was still upsetting him.
I was of course, worried. I mean, this was completely new and it was also so dramatically new.
Well, we went home, and like usual, Zave fell asleep. But what was unusual is that he only slept for like 20 minutes, as opposed to a good couple hours.
And after he woke up he was still so cranky! Ughh I felt so bad.
Now, if it was either of my other kids, I would have just immediately thought that it was teething, or some sort of a phase, or a little bug, or something along those lines.
But it was very different with Zavier.
My first immediate thought/question was if it was a Dandy-Walker thing or not.
They say that it is not uncommon for them to get severe headaches, become extremely irritable, and either be completely restless or either very fatigued, when fluid build up is taking place.
So is this what that was?
So using the amazing tool that facebook sometimes can provide, I posted on our Dandy-Walker parent page. (Which for the record has been such an incredible outlet for us).
It was my first time posting. And I simply asked if I should be concerned about his head or not. Not that anyone would obviously know a 100% for sure but it was very reassuring to get comments from other mothers who have also gone through similar experiences.
It also made me feel better because lots of mothers posted how even though, it was probably nothing serious, that it was so common to question whether or not it was stemming from Dandy-Walker or not.
It actually made me realize that this would probably happen for the rest of Zavier's life.
Everything that ever happens has a chance that it could very well have to do with his condition.
Crazy.
Anyways, needless to say, Zavier didn't sleep too good that night. And I prayed.
A lot.
Well, when I went to change his diaper the next morning, guess what I saw??
A TOOTH!!!
Ah, that feeling of relief was absolutely incredible.
It made for a pretty great day! =)

Comments
Post a Comment