Happy Easter!


We had a lovely Easter morning over here. So much so, I would relive it in a heartbeat.

First, the Easter bunny came.

And can I just say, that it is so amazing to me that my children whole heartedly believe in the Easter bunny?!  A bunny that actually comes to everyone's houses in one night and gives them all treats?!

I mean, they really actually believe this!!

But even though one could pose a bazillion questions as to why/how??? I really don't see their believing as daft at all. Instead, I love that they can believe in so much magic. I honestly think it's incredible.

So since we have no idea when one of them will catch on, we like to embrace this magical bunny.

To be honest, after they figure out that this bunny isn't real, we'll probably stop doing baskets on Easter.

Anyways, here is a video of the kids finding their baskets.
(Oh and P.S. I also love hiding them with Jimmy the night before. We always get a good laugh and then we somehow always end up in the kid's rooms just watching them sleep for a bit)

Zavier's Basket 


Izaac's Basket



Lexi's Basket



Because we found the baskets at of course, the break of dawn (who am I kidding, it was before that) There was lots of time to play with what they got before breakfast and then General Conference later that morning.


Izaac has been extremely into little stuffed animals lately.
He treats them like his pets (you might even say kids). This peep was definitely his favorite gift from his basket.
It never left his side all day. Oh, and his name is Peepy.... =)









The only pictures I have of me from the morning lol



Here is Izaac feeding his "Peepy"


Sometime after lots of playing, candy eating, and mess making, we had some breakfast.
This year we had eggs in a basket (I thought it deemed to be pretty fitting)




And then it was time to watch General Conference.
I'm still not at the point to make the kids sit and watch the whole thing, but I do make sure that they sit for our beloved Prophet.

It was touching talking about both President Monson and President Nelson this morning. 


After the first session it was time to get dressed and take advantage of Daddy's time as much as possible. We played a couple family games and had an egg hunt outside by the pool.



And we had the kids put on the bunny ears that Aunt Crystal sent all of them.
Seriously, their aunts are the freaking best.









And then it was time to say goodbye to Daddy and watch some more conference. 
We were planning on staying home for dinner that night too but Jake called early that afternoon telling us to come there instead. So we decided that sounded kind of perfect. So after conference ended, me and the kids headed over to Jake and Cari's. 

It was a great Easter =)







Comments

Popular Posts