I'm ONE!


ONE?!?!?

Are you kidding me?!

Zavier is officially one big whopping year old. (Insert a bajillion sad emoji's here)

It feels like just yesterday that we were pulling into our driveway in Cottonwood with our brand new Zave.

And somehow here we are in a whole different city, in a completely different house, with a much bigger Zave. A 14 pound bigger Zave to be exact.

Zavier, this last year has without a doubt, been the best year of my life.
And you have my permission to brag about it a little bit too because well, it's hard not to pin it on you =)

Zavier, you have the most cheerful disposition about you. It brings me so much joy too, to watch this continue to be a constant as your personality develops.  Even if you are upset, if someone offers you a smile, or gives you a toy, or tickles you, or anything really, you always smile back, so graciously.

You love and smile at everyone too. There is no hesitation. Everyone in your book deserves a smile.

We are also starting to see such optimism shine through in you. It's like you are constantly telling us in your own little ways that you are OKAY. For example, with the clapping. You still aren't there yet. But EVERY time you try and it's very obvious that you are actually trying... you don't get frustrated. You don't get upset. You just beam with joy. It's amazing.

You have such devotion and determination as well. You'll try something over and over. Clapping, walking, throwing, climbing. Both your siblings are constantly doing headstands and you now do your own version, where you kind of get in this downward dog position.
And you'll do it over and over.
And sometimes I really feel like you know that you are special because ever since you were just a couple weeks old, you take such notice of when you learn and do something new.

I seriously remember the first time that you smiled and you had this total pause afterwards and this light in your eyes, and you just knew... I just did something with my body.
And you have done that with everything since then. It was only about a week ago when you started walking with your walker and oh my goodness, you were BOOMING with excitement. Because you knew, you knew, that you were doing something different with your body.

I love it. It's that much more rewarding to watch you accomplish all these things when you celebrate with us.

You're also pretty funny. You definitely have a sense of humor. If you do something that makes one of us laugh, you laugh yourself, and then you'll do it again and again. Like hitting your head on the wall or throwing whatever it is you are eating off of your highchair.

You love funny faces and silly dance moves too.
You don't like loud noises though. Like the vacuum or when Daddy makes loud grunting noises or something. Which I should add, you also don't like cat noises. Anytime Daddy meows like a cat, you instantly start crying.
(I am now 100% convinced that we must have had an awful experience with a cat in the previous life because you make it 3 out of 3. ALL three of you kids HATE cats lol)

I also need to state for the record that you absolutely love Coldplay. Zavier, EVERY time a cold play song comes on, you instantly get so calm and then you just want to cuddle on the couch lol. If you are getting cranky, all we have to do is turn on some Coldplay and it's like an instant fix. It's just Coldplay too. I mean, you LOVE all music. You really do. But with Coldplay, it's different in the fact that you become so extremely mellow. I wonder if it's because Daddy and I listened to them so much when I was still pregnant with you.

I should also mention for your one year post that you now really DO NOT like to sit still. (Except when Coldplay is playing lol)
You don't mind your stroller, especially when we are outside and you don't mind your carseat. But man! When we are at swim or Church or even a store now. You do not like it. You just want to get down and move.
This has been somewhat difficult for me especially as far as Church goes. But in your whole first year of life, it really has been my only struggle with you. So I really can't complain. At all.

You are sleeping like a dream. Still hardly ever wake up in the middle of the night. And still NEVER make me get out of bed in the morning to get you. You, like you always have, just wait until I come in there. And then when I finally do come in, you stand up and give me the best smile ever.

You are getting much closer at holding the bottle by yourself but you still aren't quite there.
And I feel like your appetite has changed a bit just this last week in that you aren't very hungry ever. Just last week at your MRI, you couldn't eat anything that morning and your appointment wasn't until 9. So I was SO worried that you were going to be starving and super grumpy about it. But you weren't AT ALL lol.

Ah, you are just a dream. And even though I am so eternally grateful that it's been such an amazing year. I am so sad that it's over. I hate thinking about how pretty soon I won't be staring into those big blue eyes as I give you a bottle or how I tickle your little legs every time I change your diaper. You have made this year pretty tough to say goodbye to.

But I hope you one day read this and for sure know that your first year was filled with the sweetest, most endearing, and miraculous moments. And that your mom loved and cherished every single one of them.

Anyways this is super long (whelp!)
Here are some facts about you for your FIRST year!

You weigh 20 pounds now.
You LOVE to go swimming already. Yes in the freezing cold water.
You love any water at all lol
Your favorite song is "Wait" by Maroon Five
You love getting raspberries blown on your tummy
You are so good about not destroying things made by your brother and sister
You always throw anything and everything off of your highchair when you are done
You try to stand on literally anything
Your favorite food is probably mac and cheese but pizza takes a close second
Your hair is ALWAYS sticking up hehe

And we love you more than we can ever say.
Zavier, happy first birthday. =)








Comments

Popular Posts