Utah Trip - Zion National Park!
Okay so first, What a beautiful place!!!!!!
This was our first time going to Zion's and it was absolutely gorgeous! It definitely inspired a couple's trip in the future at some point since we were limited to the hikes we could go on with two little ones. Such a cool place!
Anyways, I won't bore you with a long synopsis for this part because I have a bazillion photos and I am well... lazy. So here's a quick rendition of our trip.
We had a great ride there on Monday morning. Kids were great. That's really all that makes it good or bad for me lol
That first afternoon, we got lunch (I got this tuna sandwich that was sooooooooo yummy!), rested a little bit and walked around at the hotel, we stayed at the Hamptons. Kids were SO happy to be loose.
Then we went on our first hike in the park to the Weeping Rock.
It was a lot warmer than I thought it would be which turned out to be really nice, especially since it was raining from the waterfall at the top, and the kids played in the water at the end. Izaac rode the bus back, in just his diaper, he got so wet. Crazy boy.
Riding the bus there.
I just loved how they both were holding on to the handle together!
On our way!
Because of the water fall high above us, it was just like it was raining. It was so pretty with the sun.
I had JUST bought Lexi these shoes and it nearly killed me when she started to get them all muddy. Eventually I just had to let it go and let her enjoy her fun. She must have jumped in this puddle a million times.
After the hike we stopped and played around for a bit.
The kids were in heaven.
Waiting for the bus and pointing at the mountain.
That night we ended up getting some noodles from the market there in Zion's because the kids were exhausted and the restaurant we chose was seriously, ridiculous. (Sat for over 25 minutes and no one had even come to get a drinks order... so we left). Poor hungry kids.
Anyways, that next morning we had a great breakfast at the hotel and then went on our next hike.
This one was to the Emerald Pools.
And this time, it was the opposite, it was actually colder than I thought it would be. In the beginning, this made Lexi a pretty grumpy girl. You see, our kids are NOT used to any temperature below 65 and so she clung to grandpa for a while to stay warm and cozy.
The train
The water pools weren't as big as I had anticipated, but the hike was still so pretty and I am so glad we went.
Someone stopped every 3 minutes to do this... =)
"Mom! Take a picture with me and my rocks!"
Dad and Lexi were together for this whole hike and I got some adorable pictures of them together
On the way back we got to see some horses and mom and dad taught Lexi how to feed them some long grass. Well Izaac caught on, but he wouldn't just feed them grass, but everything he could pick up in his hand. It was funny and super cute.
Feed them
And pull back as fast as possible!
While waiting for the bus to take back, the kids were just standing to cute. Hehe they are so funny.
One of my last shots of this miraculous place.
Goodbye Zion National Park
We had a great time!


























































Looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDelete