Calllliforniaaaaaa!!!!!


I really have the best hubby ever. 
We were supposed to go camping last week on Monday night.
However, while we were lying in bed on Sunday, Jimmy looked over at me and said, "Want to just go to the beach?"
Ummmmm "YA!"

And seriously, we had THE most amazing time. It felt like we were in some sort of time warp because everything just seemed to go perfectly.

It was exactly what I needed and I am so grateful for such a fun and spontaneous husband. 

We left Monday morning at about 9. 
Here are our troopers.


Can't have it better than Chick-Fil-A!


They both did awesome. Lexi would complain at time to time but I was actually shocked at how well they did. (Guess that means, more trips!)


When we got to California, we decided that instead of going right to the hotel, we would just go straight to the beach, since that is what we kept telling the kids.

"Where are we going?"
"To the beach!"

So at around 4:00 we hopped out and started walking towards the ocean.


Getting closer!


"Look, there it is!"



Lexi fell IN LOVE. 
I mean head over heels, desperately in LOVE with the ocean.



She didn't care that it was crazy cold or get intimidated at all by the waves.
(even when they knocked her flat on the ground)

She just ran and played and didn't stop laughing or smiling until we left.



Izaac however, viewed the ocean a tad bit differently
(by that I mean the opposite)

He was scared out of his mind and would scream bloody murder if he even came close to that shore line.


On the upside, he fell in love with a different part of the beach.
The Sand.

Even with it in his eyes, nose, ears, basically everywhere on his body, he didn't seem to mind one bit.
This made it super nice because he was completely able to enjoy the beach as well.




Here I am laughing at Izaac running away as fast as he could.






Lexi was soaked head to toe by the time we left. 
Here is Daddy helping her after a big wave took her out.


Not that it bothered her lol




A little while later, with a soaked little girl and a toddler full of sand, we decided it would probably be best to head over to the hotel.

The kids took a bath, got jammies on, and then jumped and jumped until Daddy came back with some pizza and wings.




And soon after that, Jimmy had the idea to go get some ice cream, so we did just that. 
Jimmy got a pistachio almond flavor and I got this black cherry one. 
They were both amazinggggg.



It was such an unforgettable day. 
I loved so many different moments.

Next up, Beach Day!!

Comments

Popular Posts