"Mudder's Day"
This year was the first year, Lexi really understood Mother's day and how it was a special day to celebrate mommies, "just like a birthday!" =)
And it made the day extra fun because she was constantly bringing up "Mudder's Day" and doing little things for it, like pictures, cards, and songs.
Here is one of her pictures for me.
It is me and her, "walking in the flowers".
I just love it!
I had an amazing Mother's Day.
Even though Jimmy didn't get home till 3am that morning, I still woke up to find beautiful flowers and one of the nicest cards I have ever gotten from him on the counter. He is amazing.
I was offered breakfast too, after he had woken up (earlier than normal too!) but since I had made about 4 dozen cupcake brownies with reeses cups in the middle, earlier that morning, for Sunday School and then for Elder's Quorum, and had had two myself already I didn't need/want breakfast lol.
I did however, get to take all the time I wanted to get ready for Church which was awesome.
Here is a picture before Church that morning. (poor Izaac was too grumpy to join us)
The whole day really was just super nice.
Lexi even got up in Sacrament meeting to sing! We didn't think she would actually get up but she did.
However, about 5 seconds into the song, she just broke down into complete sobs.
Poor girl was clearly scared to death, so Jimmy went and got her lol
But I was so so proud of her for trying.
Anyways, we thought it would be cute to ask Lexi some things about Mommy and make it a new tradition each year..
So here is what she said.
What is Mommy's favorite food? pizza
What is Mommy's favorite thing to do? play with Lexi and Izaac
Who does Mommy love the most? Lexi, Izaac, and Daddy
What makes Mommy happy? pizza
What makes Mommy sad? when she has no food
What makes Mommy mad? when Izaac touches the computer
What does Mommy look like? she has eyes, a nose, a head, a shirt, legs, feet, and that makes her Kathy
Why do you like Mommy? she plays with me
What is your favorite thing about Mommy? doing ring around the rosies
I can't say it enough, just how much I love being a mom and the joy and happiness it gives me. Being a mom, truly is my favorite thing in the world.
Happy "Mudder's Day!



Comments
Post a Comment