The Fish Cake
One day, early May, I found both kids dumping goldfish into bowls filled with water.
They were playing so well together. So instead of getting mad, I simply asked,
"What are you doing?"
Lexi beamed at me and said, "We're making a fish cake of course"
Oh, yes, yes, of course.
It reminded me when I was young. My mom was always so willing to let us do countless experiments in the kitchen, that wasted plenty of food no doubt. But it made for some awesome memories and allowed my love for baking to commence. And I will never forget making cake out of yogurt and bread (ALOT). So, I decided to let them have at it and gave them their cute little whisks to use.
They played for at least an hour, "making the cake".
At the end, they asked me to try this fish cake...
Ya... I'm not THAT nice =)




Comments
Post a Comment