The Bunk Bed Decision
For some reason, getting bunk beds was not an easy decision. I kept thinking that since the kids have to be in separate rooms eventually, that I might as well make that change now since they were both in need of a bigger bed.
But every time I really thought about it, moving them into separate rooms just didn't seem like the best thing for now.
So to make an unnecessary long story, short, we opted for bunk beds. And we all LOVE them.
We found some nice white ones that are a couple inches shorter than normal ones (height wise) which was perfect because Lexi wanted to sleep on the bottom and Izaac, on top. Even Lexi knew, that since she got up 200000 bazillion times a night, that being on top wasn't the smartest thing.
Anyways, the height is absolutely perfect for Izaac being up there and I really like the way they look.
The kids have slept so great in them too.
I mean, Izaac has done remarkably better. Lexi on the other hand....
she's just not a sleeper =)
So we are all super happy with them. The kids got to stay together, which they wanted, I got to keep my guest room, and Jimmy didn't have to hear me discuss my room decor ideas for 2 different bedrooms anymore lol.
Here are some pictures
(I didn't really take one yet of their whole room)
Here they are sleeping in their new beds for the first time.
And playing a couple days later.
I really never thought I would be putting the crib away. I always just figured we would always have a baby for awhile. So it was a little bit hard for me to put it in the garage for the time being.
But looking at the kids sleeping together on their bunk beds each night, really puts things into perspective for me. I love that they have each other and love that they are healthy and growing, and already becoming amazing people.
And one day, I know we will get that crib out again =)






Pictures of sleeping kids are the best! It looks like they are super excited about their new bunk beds.
ReplyDelete