Beach Day!!!
I looked up a couple of beaches that were "great for kids" before we left and
La Jolla looked best, so after breakfast that is exactly where we headed.
And it really was absolutely perfect for families and children.
I wanna say we got there around 10ish, (but we really weren't paying that much attention to the time). Whenever it was, we were actually one of the first cars in the parking lot.
We actually did a double take to make sure we were allowed to park there because no one else was there. Turns out we really did just get lucky, so we literally got the best spot there lol.
This made it so we also got a perfect spot on the beach as well.
I'm telling you, it really was such an amazing trip!
As soon as we walked onto the sand, both kids were ecstatic. Lexi took off full speed towards the water and Izaac sat down to play in the sand about 20 times before we put down our blankets to set up camp. (We only went about 20 steps... lol)
Man. It just felt so wonderful sitting there watching my family play on the beach.
It was definitely one of those moments for me, where time just stops.
Everyone was just so happy.
It was awesome.
The weather was great too. Not too hot but definitely not too cold, like some of the other times we have been to San Diego. It was just right.
I must have took a bazillion pictures.
This girl would have lived here if she could.
She was in heaven.
Izaac loved chasing all the seagulls.
It never got old.
He also still stuck to the sand.
He wanted nothing to do with that ocean lol
I love these pictures of the three of them.
This is when time kind of stood still for me.
I must be the luckiest girl in the world.
Poor Izaac...
Yes... he is screaming.
I'm surprised you can't hear him through the picture =)
I am so glad we picked up this wagon at the store before we went. It was so fun for the kids.
Here is where the word "dirty" came into play
He couldn't dig a hole in the nice sand.
No... it had to be that gross black wet stuff lol
But the kids of course, thought it was the coolest
Hehe I love this picture of Iz
Wouldn't be a complete beach day without someone getting buried alive.
I chose to stay a bit cleaner than the rest of the clan lol
After a couple hours, the kids finally noticed the play ground in the back ground.
So that was our next stop.
Seriously, it was so nice having a play ground right there!
Because we were parked so close, we put most of our stuff in the car and then headed over to the little park.
I was so impressed.
So clean, lots of places to sit, mostly shaded, so many fun things to do, and it was near bathrooms and grassy areas.
It was made for families with kids and I am so glad we chose this beach!
The kids loved this net thing.
We had so much fun there!
Here is one more shot of me and the kids before we took off.
Our original plan was to get lunch right after, but due to sand EVERYWHERE, we decided it was probably best to head back to the hotel, take baths and naps and then have an early dinner somewhere.
And by the time baths were over, this one was out.
Anyways, this blog is a "too be continued"
I decided to split it because of all the pictures.
Stay tuned!













































:o)
ReplyDelete