St. Patrick's Late

This year St. Patrick's Day fell on a Saturday and it just happened to be the Saturday of the Air Show, when we were hosting everyone for breakfast.

Well, this caused a bit of a pickle for me because ever since we did rainbow waffles last year, the kids have anxiously awaited them for them to be made on St. Patrick's Day once again.

However, the more I thought about it... I didn't really want to make rainbow waffles for four pretty big families lol. It might have just caused me to go a little insane... 

I also wanted to do a little chocolate coin hunt with the kids, make cookies, and take some goofy pictures. And figured that all of that would kind of be tricky with so many people over. Especially, if we were leaving right after breakfast. 

SO. We just decided to push our little Irish Day to Monday instead. This actually kind of worked out perfect in the end because the first day of Spring break ended up being loads of fun!

We made the infamous rainbow waffles.

We did numerous chocolate coin hunts.

We played with balloons. 
We took silly pictures.

We danced to music so loud, that people could probably hear it down the street.

We made and decorated shamrock sugar cookies.
We played outside.

And we ended the day watching a movie and some popcorn =)

I's have to call the first day of Spring break a success!































Comments

Popular Posts