Here We Come!
It's been almost 3 whole years now since we have been to New York!!
What?!?!
So weird that our time there is getting more and more cut down. I mean before Lexi turned two, I think she had been there like 4-5 times. And Zavier IS two and he has never been! =(
So we were all SO SO SO excited to get on that plane and go!
This time would be extra amazing too because we were actually staying in the city! Crystal and Amanda both live right in New York City and Crystal and Kerry booked us a room at the Highland Hotel, which was only like 2-3 minutes from their apartment so that we could be super close. Which I still can't get over how nice that was of them. They really are the nicest people. We couldn't do this trip at all if it wasn't for them!
Anyways, we had to leave pretty early in the morning which honestly, I was grateful for. I am definitely a morning person and I also felt like before the kids really had ample time to wake up, we would hopefully already be sitting in that terminal waiting for the plane.
It wasn't exactly easy lol but we did it! Honestly, it probably couldn't have gone much smoother. Jimmy had to go and park the car but since we had so much stuff, we decided it would probably be best for him to drop me, the luggage, and the kids off first. LOL
It was alot. I still laugh thinking about that 20 minutes when I had 4 bags not including carry-ons, a car seat, and three kids, one being a toddler, all by myself. It was just so funny! People were definitely staring haha. Luckily, I had a cart thing and I also had got this little strap thing that ended up being a lifer. We have used it before with Izaac and I had to get it again. It allowed Zave's carseat to strap on to the back of our carry-on bag and then I could wheel both of them at the same time. Genius!
This let me be able to take the carseat on the plane too. Oh my gosh. It was amazing. Zavier, unlike my other two kids (especially Lexi) does SO well in the car seat. So it was awesome being able to have him sit in the car seat, next to me, on the flight.
Soon after we got all checked in and got rid of our bags, Jimmy showed up. His life is hard =)
Security was good. I mean it is what it is but again, I felt like it couldn't go much smoother than it did. Just a pain to have to take Zave out of the car seat. Unstrap it. Get out all the devices... blah blah blah. But again, we did it!
And it was kind of perfect because by the time we got to our terminal, we honestly didn't have too much time before we boarded! It was so exciting that we were flying all together!
All the kids were so excited and I had to pinch myself a couple times that it was real lol.
Next thing I knew, we were in the air! I sat in the middle between Lex and Zave and Jimmy sat on the other side with Izaac. And the flight went so great. The kids had so much fun lol and loved ordering their drinks, which I remember thinking was so fun as a kid too. And best part, Zave slept for almost the entire time. So glorious.
Even getting off the plane and leaving the airport was smooth sailing. Our bags were literally some of the first ones dropped onto the belt and then Crystal had a driver waiting for us. Which was heaven sent.
And he took us right to the hotel! Ahhh and the ride there was amazing, even with the traffic. No one cared lol. We were all just so happy. And Zavier just stared out the window the whole time in awe I think of all the cars. I seriously just kept pinching myself that it was real life lol. Especially when we came out of the Lincoln tunnel and saw NYC up close and personal. Oh my gosh. What a beautiful thing. I got a little teary seeing it myself and then watching and hearing the kids oooo and aww. We were there!!! How I love New York City.
We got to the hotel and it was amazing. Just stunning. And then, the next thing we saw was Aunt Amanda! She came up to the room with us and oh my gosh. The pack n play was already set up, there were gifts and clothes spread out all over the couch for all of us. There were so many snacks and drinks out for us. I mean, are you kidding??? Crystal did it all for us and I totally got teary! We are so blessed to have Jimmy's sisters in our lives.
Anyways, we did a diaper change, got rid of our bags, and then headed over to Crystals. And I don't think I'll ever get over that it was real life LOL
Their apartment was beautiful and had a door man and it was so fun going up the elevator that opened up into their amazing apartment!























Comments
Post a Comment