New York City!!

Because our kids were a little bit older this year, and because Amanda works for Metro North (so we didn't have to pay for train tickets),
we decided that we would make it a family trip to the city this time.

And I am so glad we did. We had such a great time and it was so nice being with Crystal, Amanda, and Cristina. 
Getting around was so easy too, even with two small kids because his sisters are so familiar with the city. 

Here's the rundown of the day.

We met Amanda and Cristina at the Peekskill train station in the morning.
And their Aunt Amanda is so awesome and had donuts waiting for them, so we were already of to a good start! =)

Izaac was super excited too when he saw the train tracks.
He is really into trains now.



I wish I got some better pictures down by the river. It really was so pretty.

And even though it was off and on drizzling all day, it still was pretty warm.
I don't think I would have liked the day so much if it had been any cooler.
So we got lucky.






On our way to the city!


Izaac fell in love with his Nona this day. 
It made my day SO nice! and it was so cute watching them together.


We met Jimmy's cousin Ricky and his son, with his girlfriend and her two kids on the train. 
Here is Jimmy with his new little second cousin, Theodore =)


Somebody loved the train!


Getting closer


Grand Central Station
This is actually where Amanda works.
We were going to go walk around upstairs and stuff on our way back but unfortunately we didn't have time.




So this is one place that you could lose your kid in literally 2 seconds. 
We experience those couple seconds with Izaac as we were meeting up with Crystal and this is how Lexi responded when we spotted him and brought him back.

Proof that she really loves him. 



Literally dancing in Grand Central.


On our way to the Museum of Natural History

Amanda and Crystal arranged for us to take an Uber Taxi.
It was fun letting the kids look out the window and see so many things as we drove.

Dogs, people, horses, lights, buses, you name it.


We made it to the museum!


However, there was a HUGE line to get in.
And then once we did get in, there was another LONG line inside.
So it was somewhat frustrating for the waiting part.

And one of the main reasons I wanted to go here was because there was this butterfly exhibit going on and with how things went, we didn't even get to go lol

But we made the best of it and some of the things inside were really cool.










The ONLY picture from the whole entire trip of our whole family together.
...YES, that is ridiculous.


Some of the masks and outfits the "hunters and gatherers" wore back then were both really cool and also pretty scary and intimidating.




I thought it was cool to see that people used to play mancala back in the day lol


At the Dinosaur Exhibit!

This was also one of the reasons I wanted to go to this museum because Izaac is kind of obsessed with them right now.





Check out those feet! Crazy to think some creatures used to be that big.


We took a small break at the dinosaur exhibit to have some drinks and Cristina was very kind and got the kids some fruit which they devoured in minutes.






"Roooaaarrrrrrr!!!!"





Happy boy


 Happy girl


 After the museum we walked to a diner called "Big Daddy's" for lunch.
And it was seriously the perfect place.

It was fun, cute, kid friendly, and the food was SO yummy!



And since it was happy hour when we went, all the shakes were half off and so we all got one.
Lexi and Izaac split the Cotton Candy Circus Shake, which was amazing, and then Jimmy and I split the Cookie Monster Shake, which was also amazing!



After lunch, it was already getting kind of late and the kids were exhausted but I still really wanted to hit Time Square and since Jimmy's family is awesome, his sisters led the way.

And as soon as we got on the subway, this one was out.


It was quite the experience bringing the stroller up and down the stairs to get to the subway haha but we all worked as a team and made it work.

Oh! And down there this guy saw me taking pictures and freaked out a little at me.
Ya... that was kind of scary lol


Oh, NYC, how I love you so.



In my head I had all these cute pictures planned out for our family to take in Time Square together.
But of course, that didn't happen lol,
It was raining, Izaac was sleeping, and it just didn't pan out.

But here are two of Jimmy and I. =)



We of course went into the famous Toys R' Us.
And oh my goodness, Lexi was in heaven.





We let her pick out any one candy that she wanted.
And out of all her choices, she chose regular gummy worms lol


She fell in love with this cupcake pillow and her Aunt Amanda was so so nice and bought it for her.
She now won't sleep without it.



Then right before we went home, we rode the ferris wheel.
And I gotta say, being stuck up at the top with the kids was a tiny bit nerve wracking for me.



On our way back to Grand Central


Out.


I just love this picture from on the train ride back home.
It's one of my favorites from the whole trip.


So long New York City.
I'll forever love you. 
Till we meet again.

Comments

  1. WOW! All this in ONE day???? Looks like you made some great memories in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts