Our Trip in a Nutshell

We had such an amazing trip to New York this year.
I am so grateful and excited for all the memories that we were able to create.

Here is a somewhat run down of our trip and all the other pictures that didn't fit into big enough categories for their own blogs.

The first morning we were there.
It didn't take long before Grandma had already got out something special for Lexi.


There was another squirrel this year, that Grandma had trained to come up onto their deck, 
so here is Izaac with the peanuts trying to open the door to feed him.
(even though the squirrel had booked it and was long gone after seeing Izaac at the door lol)


It also didn't take long for Lexi to make it outside in the snow.
Here she is posing for me =)


Later that day, Christina and nona came to visit.




I just love how much fun nona can be!
All she wants is to make the kids laugh and smile


First day there and already eating pasta


That night we all just hung out and talked.
Everyone definitely felt like home there already


Lexi LOVED the little people there.
She played with them for hours.

I thought it was cute the way she had stood them all up on the bucket so I took a picture.


More fun things with Grandma
This was after we all came in from playing in the snow.


Lexi really liked this letter puzzle.
Grandma sure does know her well!


This one would (and still does) keep taking off his pants!
Crazy boy!... keep them on!


Another attempt at opening the door...


Luckily for him, Grandma is so nice and took them both out again


Cuddles with Daddy


I just love this picture of Lexi.
Her smile is so beautiful.
This is right before we went to Bowdoin Park.


And this is after we got back.


Burying Grandpa!
This was on Saturday while we were listening to Conference lol


Candyland!


The next day was Sunday (Easter) 
And then came Monday, the last full day we had Jimmy with us

This boy....


Good thing he's just the cutest thing ever =)


That afternoon, Izaac was so tired.
I tried everything to get him to smile for the camera but nothing lol


See... a pretty good indication that someone may need a nap 


Play dough fun!
Grandma got it out right before Jimmy and I got to go on a date.

It was so nice being able to leave them for a little bit
We went and saw  Furious 7, went to a bookstore, and then got some Chinese.


And because that was the last night Jimmy was with us, his mom came back over to say goodbye and see the kids again.

I love these pics of all of them out on the deck







That night someone claimed she wasn't tired...


Poor girl lost that battle in about 10 minutes lol



Here is the morning that Jimmy had to leave and him giving the kids one last horsey ride before we had to take him to the airport


We all tried to get him to stay...


It's always so much harder than I think when we have to say goodbye


After we all drove him to the airport we stopped at the Palisades Mall on the way back home.

Best part?
 We got to have Cheesecake Factory for lunch!!



Seriously, the best thing on earth =)


Thanks for lunch mom! It was the best!


Shoppin' around in the Disney store



So, for some reason there were SO many people there at the mall that day!
And every time we tried to take the kids on the carousel, the line was still just SO long!
So our kids eventually had to settle for these rides lol


Not that they cared


That night Grandma helped us make "Fairy Bottles"
The kids of course, thought they were the coolest, and Lexi still actually talks about it =)






The next morning, Grandma took Lexi out on a donut date. 
It was cute. Lexi kept telling Izaac, "Okay you stay here with mommy because I am going on a real date with Grandma"

And pretty soon they were back with donuts for everyone.


Which were thoroughly enjoyed =)



That night I went out and got dinner with Karen and Traci. 
So mom and dad decided it would be a fun time to get out all the trains.

And I had so much fun at dinner! We were laughing so hard like always and it always just feels like old times with them. Miss them both like crazy.




After the Children's Museum, that next day, Christina came back to the house for a bit.

And omgsh, I felt so bad because as we were all talking, I literally just fell sound asleep on the couch. 
Hahaha it still makes me laugh. I still can't believe I did that. 


We were supposed to go to gymnastics that night but we opted out this time.
So we did some at home instead.


Knocking Grandpa over!


All the gymnastics wore Grandpa out.
And Izaac took notice...


So on his own, he decided it would be funny, to go to sleep as well...


"They must all think I am sleeping too..."


"Hahahaha, just kidding!"
Man, do I love this little boy! =)


Still pulling out fun things to do with the kids
(Best Grandma ever!)


That afternoon, I believe it was Friday, mom let me go shopping and get my hair done all by myself.
It was heavenly.
(Not only is she the best grandma, she's the best momma too!)

And that night,  I realized that me and Izaac matched.
So we took a picture lol


On on our last full day there, I stopped at Jimmy and my old high school on the way back from Christina's house, so that I would have pictures for our kids when they got older.


Not the prettiest high school lol but a place that I will always have amazing memories of.
I absolutely loved high school and love that it is where I met my slim.


Playing on the swing one last time!


And sharing!
Love them with all my heart.


Took some nice pictures of the kids with mom and dad that night.
I thought they came out pretty cute.






Thank you so much mom and dad for having us and for giving us such an amazing two weeks.
It truly was unforgettable.
We all love and miss you both so much.

Comments

Popular Posts