Bowdoin Park
A tradition for our family is always going down to Bowdoin Park.
I've been going there since I was a kid and then Jimmy and I had one of our very first dates there.
It definitely is a special place to me.
This year we got to go again but because it was so cold, instead of visiting the turtles we went down to the Hudson river instead.
(Jimmy and I used to do this in high school, so I was super excited)
And it turned out to be something I will never forget!
It was absolutely stunning down there.
Because it was cold and the water had been frozen for so long, there were ice chunks everywhere. Both big and small.
I have never seen the river like that before.
It was seriously breathtaking.
So we had lots of fun exploring and taking pictures.
It was hard to get people looking though because Izaac and Lexi had to be watched at all times and then it was kind of windy.
We also took some fun shots on the train tracks.
I would have taken more, but someone was scared to death that we might not make it off in time when the trains would come. So we only got a few lol
Then afterwards, we met Grandma back at the park.
It was a great afternoon.







































Did you seriously call the Hudson River breathtaking?
ReplyDeleteHaha, your nostalgia is awesome:-)
I love your kids' smiles!
ReplyDelete