A Night with my Girl
One Wednesday night in December after I had gotten home from Young Women's, I found Jimmy and Izaac sound asleep in their beds. However, Lexi was wide awake.
And instead of egging her to go back to bed, I decided to take advantage of the time and have some quality one one one time with my girl.
It was all dark except for the Christmas tree lights and so we snuggled up on the couch, both staring at the beautiful lit tree, while she chomped on a cookie that I had brought home.
We told each other stories, laughed, and just took time cuddling and staring at the tree.
It was a moment I won't ever forget. I absolutely love being a mother more than anything in the whole entire world. And it is times like that, that make me feel more joy than I ever thought was imaginable.
I love this time of year and the special spirit it brings.
And I am so grateful for my little family.

Comments
Post a Comment