Bubbles and Choo Choo!

 In the beginning of October we started getting excited for Halloween. We got out the decorations, did a couple crafts, and of course started talking about costumes. 

And Lexi was sure she wanted to be a purple heart lol.
I figured with some cardboard though, that this was completely doable and then for Iz we could just let him pick out which ever Avenger he wanted to be. Easy. Done.

Well as Halloween got closer, I finally looked up DIY heart costumes... 
There were a couple ideas out there for me to spin off of but... of course while we were looking, 
Lexi FELL IN LOVE with something else.
She was entranced by this one DIY Bubbles Costume picture. 

Luckily we still had some time and hadn't gotten anything for the heart. So we changed directions. 
And I too was inspired by some other DIY ideas.

After all, DIY costumes are completely original, different, and made with love, right?!
(After the kitchen I think I have become a little bit obsessed with DIY projects) 

So I searched some ideas for Izaac, and we both liked the idea of him being a train. 

This costume took a little bit of time to make (so I had to take some time off on the kitchen and painting) but all of us (me, Jim, Lexi, and Izaac) were just so excited as this train kept progressing lol
What a fun little project!

Here is what it looked like before it got painted.


And the whole thing only cost us 4 dollars!! We had everything to make it already at home (well we borrowed the ice cream pale from Aunt Cari) so all we had to buy was a can of blue spray paint, and then a dollar bandanna. Score!

Lexi's costume was super cheap too. Balloons, safety pins, and then a dollar rubber duck. 

(I am pretty sure I will try to do DIY costumes from now on!)

Anyways, we had a fun time later that Halloween afternoon, getting the costumes just right. 
And both kids were SO happy with how they looked which of course, just made me feel aaahh-mazing!

Here they are!

Soap Bubbles 



And Thomas the Train or what Izaac liked to call as "Choo Chooo!"




We missed Jimmy at the truck or treat that night but it was still a fun time. 
Both kids were super happy the whole night and had a blast going from car to car bellowing, "Trick or Treat!" It was fun to watch.
I was actually super surprised. I was sure Izaac would get sick of wearing his train, and I was so worried that Lexi's balloons would all get popped or something lol but both costumes held up the whole time and there was honestly no complaining at all. 




It was also super fun to keep seeing everyone's reactions to their costumes. They definitely caught people's attention. What a fun time!


Before we knew it, we were back home and before I even got in the door, both kids were eating candy.
Also Lexi had stripped herself completely from her costume lol.






She wasn't a fan of this one


And here are some pictures of the next morning. EVEN THOUGH, I had put their pumpkins on top of the fridge, I woke up to find them both at the table with their pumpkins.

(I guess I wasn't really surprised lol)

At least they were sharing!




Yay for all that candy!!
Is it bad that I can't wait for them to get more as they get older?? =)

Comments

Popular Posts