The Snowball Effect
At some point in working on the cabinets, I had decided that I would install a back splash in the kitchen as well. I really wanted to have a finished look and because we spent so much less money on the kitchen as intended (even opted to keep the counter tops that we had), I thought it was worth a shot. This was especially true because I had watched several videos leading me to believe that I could totally do it.
So eventually we found a back splash that we both liked and that was exceptionally cheap. Which was good, because we had almost 30 square feet to cover.
This was happening.
I even went to home depot and got EVERYTHING that we needed, including a saw lol. There was actually a guy there who saw my cart full of tile boxes, and all the stuff and asked me, who was installing it. He grinned when I said, "Uhh me"...
he actually came back later and gave me his card as I was checking out.
However, even though I believe I could have done an okay job, and thought that man at home depot didn't know who he was talking to =), I woke up the one morning I wanted to get started, and had completely changed my mind. Once again, I opted to paint. I had read a bunch of articles the night before about back splashes VS. painting, and decided painting was a much better option for our situation.
PLUS, painting allowed me to "have" to paint the living room as well, since the walls all flowed together. And I didn't stop there. Painting then allowed me the chance to paint all the doors and trim as well.
And I did.
I went paint crazy and painted everything lol. I painted all the doors, trim, and walls in the kitchen, living room, eating area, and hallway.
AND holy moly oly I am in LOVE.
It took me almost a week to pick out the colors but I went with some Benjamin Moore ones, Revere Pewter and Winds Breath. They are both what people call "greiges" A mixture between gray and beige. And then I used the same white on the doors and trim as I had on the cabinets.
And again, I am SUPER happy with the results. I am so glad to be done with all that brown and beige!!
This was A LOT of work too... lol painting the house by yourself with two kids running amuck. But I again, really enjoyed it all.
I needed this project. And I couldn't be more pleased with the end result.
End pictures on the final and last blog!
Comments
Post a Comment