The Grand Canyon


The day after Karen got here, we headed up to the Grand Canyon and ooohhh my goodnessss, I can't believe I have never been there before! It only took about 2 1/2 hours to get there and it was absolutely breath taking! What an incredible place.

We had such a nice drive up too. No traffic, sunny, and we just talked and talked the whole way. 
It was a little crazy after getting into the park lol, with finding our way and animals crossing the road haha but eventually we got some lunch packed, hot chocolate, and found the right path that we wanted, to go down into the canyon, 

It was hard to stop taking pictures because it was so pretty.

It was also cold!! 
There was actually snow and ice on the path. I almost slipped right into the depths of the canyon at one point!
However, even though it was very cold, we stayed pretty warm and I never got to the point where its's so cold that I turn bitter and angry lol so it was good.

Because it was cold and already past noon, we decided not to go all the way down into the canyon but to just go until we felt like heading back up so we went down for I wanna say, just under 2 hours. We took a little break and then headed back up. 
And we booked it going up! We almost went up in half the time it took us to go down. 

After we got back up, we ate our lunch, and then walked around the rim for awhile taking some more fun pictures.

Here are some of the pics
(I took SO many but I won't post them all lol)








I had such an amazing time! 
And I already can't wait to go again!

Comments

Popular Posts